The Gallery

This is a photo gallery for members of the forum. Here you can share photos of your latest work for members to view. Like an Art gallery, however, where the exhibits come and go, photos will be deleted on a regular basis to save room on the server. Beauty, like Art, is fleeting.
jkrichard
Full Name: Jeffrey K Richard

Re: The Gallery

#501 Post by jkrichard »

9993.jpg
9994.jpg

These boots were actually great fun. Hand-stitched sole welt using the spinning/goiser stitch, good first attempt at hiding the bottom of the stitch line. Inked and burnished bottoms, Cuban heel. Waxy calf tops and vamps, lambskin liner for both tops and vamps...also, probably the last time I use lamb for a vamp liner (we all have our demons, lamb vamp liners just happens to be mine).

I actually hate to see these go, the owner of them is lucky she's a last size smaller than mine. O.o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies
Been Liked: 3 times

#502 Post by dearbone »

Here is a two piece Derby,front and back,made deep(high) to accommodate full, thick orthopedics insert which takes away the romance out of shoe making, The upper is sewn to insole all around using single row stitch on strip of leather and folded.
9998.jpg

Nasser Vies
HCC-Member
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kieran_ionescu
Full Name: Kieran Ionescu
Been Liked: 1 time

#503 Post by kieran_ionescu »

Sorry Again. Hopefully the last time.
10022.jpg
dmcharg
Full Name: Duncan McHarg
Been Liked: 21 times

#504 Post by dmcharg »

G'day Everyone,
I don't get on here very much Image ; I am, after too many years off from doing paid orders, now going back to as close to full time as I can with my boot & shoemaking Image. Starting off with the family (6 of us) to get my hand back in and warm up, here is a prototype I'm making for myself (hence the presence of scars that I wouldn't allow otherwise). The two halves overlap each other to automaticaly make the heel and toe counters.
Cheers
Duncan
10089.jpg
10090.jpg
10091.jpg
jkrichard

#505 Post by jkrichard »

I can't decide if it's the sheriff, or an outlaw...
10093.jpg
10094.jpg

10″ stovepipes with a 3/4 bottom welt. Oil tan tops with dyed silhouette. Bullhide vamps and counters. Matching heel stain and bottom finish. I’ll be breaking these in ’round Branson, MO tomorrow, Friday, and Sat.
janne_melkersson
Full Name: Jan-Erik Melkersson
Been Liked: 1 time

#506 Post by janne_melkersson »

Her is the latest pair from my bench.
The boot is made of scotch grain calf which have been "antiqued" by me
10100.jpg
tjburr
Full Name: Terry Burress
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 8 times

#507 Post by tjburr »

I know I have been greatly remiss in posting pictures of shoes I have made.

Before I post pictures of my latest pair of shoes I wanted to post pictures of the shoes I normallymake , so you can see how much different the style is from what I have been making.

All these shoes/boots were done un-lasted.

My most common order is a plain black which is just enough boring that I did not show any (or for that fact I just realized I do not even have a good picture)
10118.jpg

10119.jpg

10120.jpg

10121.jpg

10122.jpg

10123.jpg

10124.jpg

10125.jpg

Terry
tjburr
Full Name: Terry Burress
Has Liked: 1 time

#508 Post by tjburr »

Now for the pair I have just completed.

I have made a few lasted shoes, but I have always made these on a plaster casting of the foot. I have never been 100% happy with these since I was never able to get the last toes to look like I wanted, though I did have a few that I thought looked good. I may have to find some pictures of these so I can post.

With the help of Bill, thanks so much for supporting us, I obtained some lasts. This pair is the first pair, other than a fitter pair, I have made on them.

I must say that I learned lots from this colloquy, many books including Tim's, some articles DW wrote in the leather workers journal, HMSFM, etc. I must also say that I greatly thank Paul Krause for letting me drop by while visiting relatives in Arizona, and showing me how to put a monofilament bristle on since I would still be sewing the welt otherwise. Previous pairs I made using saddle needles which I did not like as well, since I was not able to make a good attachement of the fishing line.

I still have a long way to go to feel as confident with these as my other shoe styles. There are some definite things I would do different, and I was unhappy that I decided to try to sew on a new sewing machine this pair before practicing more. I previously used a walking foot and purchased a mitsubishi with a wheel, using the same table to save space. The motor however did not have enough torque for the new one and it reduced my already low level of precision with the new machine. I have since bought an electronic motor which is great.

10127.jpg

10128.jpg

Terry
jkrichard

#509 Post by jkrichard »

10130.jpg
10131.jpg
10132.jpg

Finished these today. Tinkering with patterns and possibilities.
marcell

#510 Post by marcell »

These shoes just have rest on the top of my workbench, waiting for their owner.
10135.jpg
10136.jpg
10137.jpg
courtney
Full Name: courtney schamach

#511 Post by courtney »

10142.jpg
10143.jpg
10144.jpg

Finally finished these!!!! This is the third pair I ever made, the second with soles, and the first ones to fit! [more or less.]

I hand sewed everything, welted and stitched the soles.

Hopefully my next pair will be easier and faster, and maybe fit a little better. the only machinery I used was a belt sander and a 6" bench grinder to make the soles.

Thanks so much to everyone who answered my questions!
courtney
Full Name: courtney schamach

#512 Post by courtney »

10146.jpg

These are some belts I made too.
dw
Seanchaidh
Full Name: DWFII
Has Liked: 204 times
Been Liked: 122 times

#513 Post by dw »

Just finished these:
10148.jpg

10149.jpg

10150.jpg

10151.jpg

10152.jpg

Tight Stitches
DWFII--HCC Member
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies
Been Liked: 3 times

#514 Post by dearbone »

Here is a recently made shoes,The upper was made some times ago.
10161.jpg

Nasser Vies
HCC- Member
marcell

#515 Post by marcell »

A new bespoke shoe for a Swiss customer.

10185.jpg
10186.jpg
marcell

#516 Post by marcell »

10199.jpg
10200.jpg
sorrell
Full Name: Lisa Sorrell
Been Liked: 10 times

#517 Post by sorrell »

I've been playing with (very short) full cuts in alligator recently. It's a new challenge that's been haunting my dreams lately.
10206.jpg
j_johansen
Full Name: J Johansen
Been Liked: 2 times

#518 Post by j_johansen »

Burgandy latigo foot, green burnishable buffalo tops with "Waterbird" inlay in blue and red kangaroo, yellow kangaroo side seam.
These boots where nearly done and changed course with some input from DW. Thank you Sir....J.

(Message edited by j johansen on October 13, 2009)
j_johansen

#519 Post by j_johansen »

romango
Full Name: Rick Roman

#520 Post by romango »

Let's try this again...

These are my "scar" Oxfords made with Edleman Lux calf from eBay.
10233.jpg

10234.jpg

10235.jpg

10236.jpg
paul
Full Name: Paul Krause
Been Liked: 14 times

#521 Post by paul »

Here's my latest finish.

This design was conceptualized by the customer and his family on the drive up from Phoenix. A Tiffany glass Mission style lamp shade is what they were after. There's another, also of their design concept, that I'm doing for them soon.

The foot of the these is water buffalo, and the tops are kangaroo set in a goat skin base layer. The larger mid tone panels were hand colored.

More than a bit of a challenge, but gratifying.

Paul
10250.jpg
j_johansen

#522 Post by j_johansen »

10258.jpg
10259.jpg

My first go at a leather sole, and a toe bug.... J.
luckyduck

#523 Post by luckyduck »

Hi,

My first pair of western boots. Firsts include welting, stacked heels, pegging.

Yes, the tabs are on the wrong side of the stitching and they look rough, but they fit and are wearable!

Hardke calf, pig lining. Used DW's book for instructions.
10261.jpg

Paul
jkrichard

#524 Post by jkrichard »

10263.jpg

Black on black on black men's stingray slip-ons, stingray, kid, and stingray + gator back.

3/4 welt--- I attempted to prep the soles for handsewing ---and durn near made a mess of them...machine stitched, sadly. We'll try again on the next pair.

There's a lot that I liked about working with stingray... a dulled and round needle on the post machine worked well. There's a lot I didn't like about working with stingray: namely, my knives are still dull I think.

I'll have one more slip-on to post next week---then I'll show you all some more "serious" shoes.

-Jeff
marcell

#525 Post by marcell »

This pair is just finished in my workshop, by my apprentice, Dani Hart from London, UK. I must say, not so many student can impress me, but she did.