New publication

Do you know of a boot or shoe related event that might be of interest? Hear Ye, Hear Ye...
das
Seanchaidh
Full Name: D.A. Saguto--HCC
Has Liked: 148 times
Been Liked: 126 times

Re: New publication

#26 Post by das »

Jon,

Thank you for the kind words on my book. Bear in mind, Garsault was writing a small, but meaty how-to monograph/cahire for working shoemakers in France in 1767, and he (as well as the subsequent editors who added to it) all assumed a level of prior knowledge of the art that we no longer have. I hoped my footnotes and the illustrations would help fill that gap, but yes, it's hardly "light" reading, and as June Swann said, it's likely to raise more questions that it answers. Enjoy!

If Admin's agreeable, and there's enough traffic on The Art of the Shoemaker to warrant it, I think a thread on the Forum might be a fun idea. This is, after all, about the only way to "contact the author" Image

Cheers,

Al
admin
Site Admin
Full Name: Admin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 5 times

#27 Post by admin »

Done and done!

here

Emmett
english_shoemaker

#28 Post by english_shoemaker »

i have many many hand shoemaker tools to get rid of most impossible to obtain now. lots of machines.patterns.and bench tools persons plus shoemaking and repair books out of print interested contact me
romango
Full Name: Rick Roman
Been Liked: 8 times

#29 Post by romango »

Hi Victor.

What do you have and where are you located? Pictures would be helpful, if possible.

Thanks!
damocles
Full Name: Paul Gilbert Baswell

#30 Post by damocles »

hi victor i am also interested in your tools lasting pliers sole edging tools feather knifes that sort of thing