The Registry

Introducing...
artzend
Full Name: Tim Skyrme
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: The Registry

#101 Post by artzend »

Ron,

You should be ok now, what you missed from your course you can pick up here if I didn't put it in the book. Just ask the questions and someone will help.

Tim
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies
Been Liked: 3 times

#102 Post by dearbone »

Dear paul, Thank you for making me feel at home so to speak, you are right, I will crack the picture posting problem, I just cannot wait to show you some foot wear. Brotherly love, Nasser
fred_coencped
Full Name: Fred Coen;Foot Comfort Center

#103 Post by fred_coencped »

Hello to all of you.I wanted to introduce myself,test my capacity to get a message off sucessfully and say I am very excited at seeing old friends in Delavan , making new friends and being your friend too.So my start as a leathercraftsman was 1972,and its been an incredible and exciting journey seemingly just scratching the surface of shoe and bootmaking.While I am making my living as a certified Pedorthist and orthopedic shoemaker ,I also am a designer of fine leatherwork and am and have been glad to share with others of similar passion.So I am from Brooklyn ,N.Y. and have continued my vocation in Santa Fe ,New Mexico,independent and working in my studio,clinic and lab and of course all are welcome anytime OK.Peace,Fred Coen
admin
Site Admin
Full Name: Admin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 5 times

#104 Post by admin »

Fred,

Welcome to the Crispin Colloquy. I used to go down to Santa Fe at least twice a year for four or five years...guess I haven't been down in over a year now. I like Santa Fe but it's very expensive. My wife and I used to love to eat at Geronimo's, and the Bobcat Bite. We went to the Buckaroo Ball about three years running...that was always a hoot.

I wish I had known about you then, I would have come visit.

Emmett
paul
Full Name: Paul Krause
Been Liked: 14 times

#105 Post by paul »

Fred,

Welcome. I'm just on the other side of the White mountains, here in Prescott. I look forward to meeting you at the AGM. See you then.

PK
nana
Full Name: Ana A

#106 Post by nana »

Hello. My name is Nana, I´m from Buenos Aires. I´m a fashion designer and I´ve been taking a shoe course for 3 years.

I´d like to share with others experiences, doubts and learn from all of them.
shoestring

#107 Post by shoestring »

Hello Nana,

Looking forward to talking with you and seeing what the fashion world has new.Are you working and designing shoes for women/men or both?

Ed
marcell

#108 Post by marcell »

Hi Nana. Welcome to the forum! Do you have some homepage with your work?
admin
Site Admin

#109 Post by admin »

Nana,

Welcome to the Crispin Colloquy. It is always good to get an international perspective on the Trade.

I am asssuming that the shoe course you are taking is a design course?

Looking forward to seeing your work.

Emmett
artzend

#110 Post by artzend »

Hullo Nana, Just ask for any information and someone should be able to help.

Tim
fred_coencped
Full Name: Fred Coen;Foot Comfort Center

#111 Post by fred_coencped »

Thanks to Emmett and Paul Krause responding to my introduction.Best Wishes to You Nana.And I`d like to say hello to all of you that I just met at the 10th annual AGM meeting.The experience was great and the pleasure just grand.Larry,Cindy and Crispin I wish you all the best of health and many many thanks for your generous Being.your friend always Fred
paul
Full Name: Paul Krause
Been Liked: 14 times

#112 Post by paul »

Fred,

Your design work was really wonderful.
And I really enjoyed your manner.

Please make an effort to figure the "picture posting process" Image. I know alot of us were excited by your work.

Thank you for bringing it.

Paul
jon
Full Name: Jon Rolph

#113 Post by jon »

Hello everyone,

My name is Jon and I'm originally from California but now live in Tokyo. I'm an English teacher, teaching English as a foreign language. In an effort to fill my free time I've been looking to learn how to make things that most people buy. I started with cheese making (I love food, especially cheese)and I've recently become interested in bespoke shoemaking. I'm hoping to take a shoe making course in the next year or so, once I find the time and money to do so. I'm really looking forward to reading all (well, maybe not ALL) the information on this site and seeing what the members have to offer in the way of advice and tips.

Arigato,

Jon

P.s. Tim Skyrme and Marcell, Thank you for putting your videos on YouTube. They are fascinating to watch. Also, Marcell, your shoes are nothing short of amazing
admin
Site Admin

#114 Post by admin »

Welcome Jon! Glad to have you on board. There's lots here and not a few folks willing to help. Check out the video section where some of those videos are available for download to your computer. And there are other videos as well.

I don't know how to write it but...do itashi mashte

admin
lancepryor
Full Name: lance pryor

#115 Post by lancepryor »

Hi Jon:

Shoemakers are always a welcome addition to the Colloquy!

I have corresponded with someone who looked into the shoemaker program at Guild of Crafts. If you are interested, I could try to put you in touch with him to find out what he thought about the program. I know he didn't take it, but he told me he regrets not doing so.

My first two tips: order the Crispin Colloquy Archive CD from the HCC library; and get a copy of Vass' "Handmade Shoes for Men" for a good introduction to the process and the tools.

Lance
artzend

#116 Post by artzend »

Jon,

Thanks for the comments on the videos. There are a bunch of shoemaking schools in Japan, if you have a look at http//www.shoemakingbook.com you will find a list of the ones I managed to obtain, located on the contact page.

Tim
artzend

#117 Post by artzend »

(Message edited by artzend on November 06, 2007)
randyc
Full Name: Randy Cooley

#118 Post by randyc »

Hello Everyone,
My name is Randy Cooley. I'm a police officer and leather craftsman. I've been reading this forum for the past couple of years. I attended the HCC meeting last month and formally joined the HCC. I've been working with leather for the past 4 years first as a hobby and the last 2 years as a small business (Bulldog Leather Co.) I build and sell mostly handgun holsters, knife sheaths, belt bags, and cell phone holsters.
Last year I attended Carl Chappell’s western boot building seminar. I have most of the equipment and hand tools to build boots and shoes. I just need a lot more practice and there is only so much time in a day. I met some nice folks at the HCC. I may try my hand at custom shoes.
admin
Site Admin

#119 Post by admin »

Welcome to the Crispin Colloquy, Randy. You'll find a lot of people here that are willing to help and a lot of information squirreled away in the archives and past discussions. On both shoes and boots.

It sounds like you all had a great time at AGM...and AGM is kind of a condensed version of the Colloquy. So if you enjoyed the people you met and the conversations you had there...the forum is one way to keep the connection alive.

Emmett
large_shoemaker_at_large
Full Name: Brendan Balon
Been Liked: 1 time

#120 Post by large_shoemaker_at_large »

Hello
I am Brendan Balon. My lovely and patient wife and two daughter 16 and 17 live just outside Fort Qu'Appelle SK Canada, on Pasqua Lake. I started as an Prosthetic Orthotic tech in 75. We had two shoemakers on staff and in my spare time I made a pair of shoes for myself as I couldn't find a comfortable shoe, skate or ski boot. I then studued under a Dutch master shoemaker in Edmonton Alberta. I do mostly orthopeadic work but have done so Ukaranian AKA Kosac dancing boots and some theatrical work I had the good fortune to study at the G.W Long Hanson deiease center in Louisiana regarding the insensate foot. I worked as a RN for about 15 years but burnout and back to shoes. I have done some teaching and wrote a shoerepair course for the local Tech College but the program got mired in polotics and is not presently offered. But I will share what I know to keep the "gentle art " alive. I'll post some pics when i can find and scan them. Glad to see HCC is doing it's best to keep us linked
Regards BB
admin
Site Admin

#121 Post by admin »

Brendon,

Welcome to the Crispin Colloquy. It is always nice to welcome another shoemaker...particularly one who has orthopedic experience, as learning more about how to fit problem feet often translates into more knowledge about how to properly fit "normal" feet.

Looking forward to your input and your photos.

Emmett
kenkähahmo

#122 Post by kenkähahmo »

Helloes,

My name is Hanna, and I am a footwear design student leaning towards the handmade. Here to read the kind of discussions I would like to be able to have one day myself, and also to ask a question or two.
marcell

#123 Post by marcell »

Hello Hanna,

Welcome to the forum! You are at the best place if you are interested in handmade shoes!
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies

#124 Post by dearbone »

Brendon & Hanna,
On my behalf, I welcome both of you to our forum.
Nasser.
artzend

#125 Post by artzend »

Hanna,

Just ask the questions, someone will have an answer.

Tim