The Screening Room

Videos of ordinary people demonstrating actual boot and shoemaking techniques without being controlled by a director.
dmcharg
Full Name: Duncan McHarg
Been Liked: 21 times

Re: The Screening Room

#126 Post by dmcharg »

Thanks Arttu :)
Martin, I bought the Sabot knife on French ebay. Nearly 50% of the cost was postage to Australia, but it was still a bargain, and in beautiful condition. Hunt around and look at the photos carefully.
Cheers
Duncan
dmcharg
Full Name: Duncan McHarg
Been Liked: 21 times

#127 Post by dmcharg »

G'day All,
Just a quick vid. on fitting a leather sole (actually made out of insole leather as these are 'fitters' shoes and it has worked very satisfactorily to date) using DW's suggestion, that I read on here about 15 years ago, on how to make it easier to sculpt around the shank. This shoe only has a 1/2" heel, so isn't as dramatic as it can get; see photo of one with 1 1/2" heel, below.
Enjoy
Cheers
Duncan
IMG_3941.JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB0LCie ... e=youtu.be
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dw
Seanchaidh
Full Name: DWFII
Has Liked: 204 times
Been Liked: 122 times

#128 Post by dw »

The last month or so has been busy with the upgrade but I manage to sneak some time in to further flesh out the streaming videos posted on the CC. Many have to be converted from wmv or mov format to mp4 format before they can be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo. When they are they can be called and will stream directly on the forum.

They, along with a few others, can be found in Cine Cordonnier > Cinema Verite.

Enjoy.
DWFII--HCC Member
Instagram
Without "good" there is no "better," without "better," no "best."
And without the recognition that there is a hierarchy of excellence in all things, nothing rises above the level of mundane.