Cinema Verite

Videos of ordinary people demonstrating actual boot and shoemaking techniques without being controlled by a director.
dw
Seanachaidh
Full Name: DWFII
Has Liked: 39 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: Cinema Verite

#26 Post by dw » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:26 am

Thank you, Duncan, for the streaming versions of these last two videos of yours. Both are really interesting and professionally done...and enlightening as well. :wink_smile:

We're getting quite a collection of "streamers" (see the first page of this thread). This is exactly what the CC exists for.
DWFII--HCC Member
Without "good" there is no "better," without "better," no "best."
And without the recognition that there is a hierarchy of excellence in all things, nothing rises above the level of mundane.

martin
Full Name: Martin Moser
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

#27 Post by martin » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:39 pm

That's a great video, Duncan! Thanks for that!
Btw. found one for myself as well for 50 euros, medium condition, still have to sharpen it properly and try it out.
Attachments
SabotKnife.png
SabotKnife.png (446.36 KiB) Viewed 225 times

dmcharg
Full Name: Duncan McHarg
Been Liked: 10 times

#28 Post by dmcharg » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:15 am

G'day all,
I've made a quick vid. of my hand sewn butt seams, using 'Apron Cam.' :wink_smile: I'm still stuck with the hamstrung iMovie, so all narration had to be done while filming, which was a bit distracting at times for me. And I picked up, for a few dollars at an Op Shop (think Thrift Shop in the U.S.), one of those tiny, bendy, Gorilla Pod style tripods, with which I can stick one leg down the front of my apron, and have the other two legs as stabilisers and mount my iPod just in front of my mouth for filming (hence the, loud enough but, sort of whispered tones of my voice). Life over the last couple of years hasn't been conducive to high output of shoemaking, so my butt seaming is a little rusty in it's parallelism of the two rows of stitches, but at least it seems that getting the depth right is a bit like riding a bike.
Hope you enjoy it.
Cheers
Duncan
P.S. as you can see, I have no objection to using small, fine, pig's bristles. If you are a user of bristles for inseaming and welts, and you don't use the finer ones, lets talk. I am hoping to be doing finer and finer sewing as time goes on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBpTx4FW0H0

martin
Full Name: Martin Moser
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

#29 Post by martin » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:59 am

Great video there, Duncan - enjoyed watching it!

Thanks,
Martin

dmcharg
Full Name: Duncan McHarg
Been Liked: 10 times

#30 Post by dmcharg » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:22 pm

After months of having the latest update for iOS iMovie, and finding out that it was hamstrung by not allowing (for iPod and iPhone) post production narration, I bit the bullet today and my wife and I carefully followed the Charles Proxy 'how to' here http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/12/25 ... -ios-apps/ and I now have the version 2.2.2 of iMovie ios for my iPod so I can, again, do post production narration (up to three tracks, all with their own volume control, in addition to the original video's sound and volume control). Very happy. Never going to update iOS iMovie again :) The new one still has narration abilities for iPad, but not iPod or iPhone. I just have an iPod. If you download the, older, version 3 of Charles it will be a lot closer to what is on the tutorial, though some of the 'buttons' aren't on the main window but in the drop down menus. I watched the tutorial a few times and then had it playing on another screen while I followed it. Once finished and successful you delete Charles from the system, as it's a 30 day free trial.
Yay.
Cheers
Duncan