HCC meeting in Oct.

Do you know of a boot or shoe related event that might be of interest? Hear Ye, Hear Ye...
jenny_fleishman
Full Name: Jenny Fleishman
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: HCC meeting in Oct.

#51 Post by jenny_fleishman »

By popular request, our hostess, Miriam, with Al, Bruce and Val, at breakfast Sunday morning.
4531.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tomo

#52 Post by tomo »

Hi Georgene,
thanks for taking the time to take and post those photos. It's good to put faces to names.
More power to y'awl.
T.
admin
Site Admin
Full Name: Admin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 5 times

#53 Post by admin »

Hello everybody, it's Mirm.

Thanks, Georgene for your kind words. Al and I had a great time at the meeting, the best part, as always, is seeing everyone and getting to know new folks. Thanks to all who were able to attend for coming down to the 'Burg and joining in the festivities. Best wishes to everyone for a great holiday season, we hope to see you all again at next year's AGM!

Miriam
jenny_fleishman

#54 Post by jenny_fleishman »

re HCC annual meeting 2007--when might plans be announced? Last year it was announced toward the end of June. Had a great time last year, and hoping to do so again this year!

Jenny
admin
Site Admin

#55 Post by admin »

Jenny,

The mid-year board meeting isn't until the first part of July. That's when plans for the AGM will be discussed and a location selected.

Watch this space...Image

Emmett
headelf
Full Name: Georgene
Been Liked: 1 time

#56 Post by headelf »

Any dates, location or program info for the HCC annual general meeting in October?

Waiting breathlessly for news!
Georgene
paul
Full Name: Paul Krause
Been Liked: 14 times

#57 Post by paul »

Georgene,

That's what I was wonderin'!

I woke up thinking about it this morning. I have an offer in one of my inboxes for deals on flights from Phoenix.

So what's up guys?

PK
walrus
Full Name: Larry Waller

#58 Post by walrus »

A message For All
We, Walrus Shoe & Leather Co, Larry ,Cindy & Crispin will be hosting The 2007 HCC Meeting .We are just putting the final details together on rooms food and schedules. We hope to have full details ready by tonight . The date for the meeting will be Oct 25/26/27th. Full details will be posted within 24 Hrs.
See you at The meeting .
Larry Waller
Walrus Shoe & Leather Co.LLC
paul

#59 Post by paul »

Hey Thanks Larry,

You folks did a great job when I attended there year before last. I'm hoping I can put it together to see you on your turf again this year.

Paul
lancepryor
Full Name: lance pryor
Been Liked: 3 times

#60 Post by lancepryor »

Is it really on Thurs/Friday/Saturday, which those dates indicate, or is it Fri/Sat/Sun?
jenny_fleishman

#61 Post by jenny_fleishman »

re HCC meeting...is it appropriate to post a wish list here of topics or workshops for the meeting?

Unrelated...finished my third pair of shoes. The fit is better, although the lasts still need to be tweeked a little. My homemade last puller worked GREAT [img]http://www.thehcc.org/forum/images/old_smilies/proud.gif"%20ALT=":O[/img], and I also managed to finish off the wedge soles on my grinding system without damaging the uppers [img]http://www.thehcc.org/forum/images/old_smilies/proud.gif"%20ALT=":O[/img] [img]http://www.thehcc.org/forum/images/old_smilies/proud.gif"%20ALT=":O[/img]!

Over all, I'm pretty satisfied, except for having to do more work on the lasts.

Jenny
walrus
Full Name: Larry Waller

#62 Post by walrus »

OOPs.Sorry you are right Lance
It is the 26th 27th 28th of October.Cindy and I will be putting the finishing touches on the posting tonight.
Hope you all can come.
Larry
jenny_fleishman

#63 Post by jenny_fleishman »

HCC meeting requests! Here are a couple of subjects I would love to see addressed at the meeting if anyone is willing to do it.

Tool sharpening workshop/demonstration.

Last fitting workshop--measuring the foot and last to pick the right size last.

Last making--mold-making techniques, materials. Materials for making lasts (Smooth-on products, etc.)

Shank adjusting--changing curve and length of shanks to match the last.

Heels--methods of securing stacked heels to the shoe (other than just cement).

I'll probably think of more for my wish list. If anyone is able and willing to present on these topics, maybe I'll stop asking so many questions on the board. MAYBE! Image Image

Jenny
sorrell
Full Name: Lisa Sorrell
Been Liked: 10 times

#64 Post by sorrell »

I've made my reservations to attend the HCC meeting in October. I'll be flying into Chicago Midway Airport on Friday the 26th at 1:55 PM and flying back out Monday at 2:45 PM. I already have a rental car reserved. If anyone has a similar schedule and needs a ride let me know.

Lisa
paul

#65 Post by paul »

Lisa,

We arrive at the Ohare Airport about the same time and leave a couple hours earlier on Monday. And my wife is coming with me this year!
We'll be renting a car also.

Paul
romango
Full Name: Rick Roman
Been Liked: 8 times

#66 Post by romango »

I'm looking for someone to share my hotel room (cost) with at the HCC meeting. I have a room with two queen beds booked Thursday through Sunday nights at The Comfort Suites. If you are interested, please contact me.
sorrell
Full Name: Lisa Sorrell
Been Liked: 10 times

#67 Post by sorrell »

My husband Dale wants to attend the HCC meeting with me but he'd need to fly out on Sunday. Is there anyone flying out of either airport on Sunday who could give him a ride to the airport? I haven't bought his tickets yet so I could plan his flight out around someone else's schedule.

Lisa Sorrell
danfreeman
Full Name: Dan Freeman

#68 Post by danfreeman »

I look forward to seeing all of you in Wisconsin.

Dan
admin
Site Admin

#69 Post by admin »

[center]The Honourable Cordwainers’ Company
22nd Annual General Meeting
October 26th-28th, 2007
The Walrus Shoe & Leather Co. LLC

Will proudly be your Host.
[/center]

[center]Dear HCC members,[/center]

As we look at the calendar today, we see it is one month before St Crispin’s Day. That can only mean one thing; it is one month until our Annual meeting. At Walrus shoe & Leather Co. LLC

So here is an update on the convention for those attending and a reminder for those who have not yet made their reservations.

The meeting: will be held on the 26th-28th of October, at Walrus Shoe & Leather Co, W8295 Hwy 11, Delavan WI 53115. Walrus Shoe & Leather Co is 45 Miles SW of Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport and 65 miles NW of Chicago O’Hare Airport, with easy access from either airport. Google us.

Hotel info: We are holding a block of rooms at the Comfort Suites, 313 Bauer Parkway, Delavan WI 53115,under the name “Cordwainers”. Call the hotel at 262-740-1000 to reserve your room with the rate of $89.99 per night with double occupancy, by September 30th 2007.

Presenters: for this year include,

Dick Anderson on Hand sharpening.

Lisa Sorrell on Boot making as a Business.

Georgene McKim on the Transition from Footwear magazine to Shoemaker.

David Uline on Using Adhesives.

And a first time ever for the H.C.C. a surprise presentation

We have two other tentative speakers, and room for more if anyone else would like to give a presentation, we do have openings.

Itinerary: We will have a meet and greet in the lobby of the Comfort Suites from 3PM –5PM on Friday October 26th 2007, at 6pm we will meet in the same lobby to caravan to dinner at the Moose Creek Bar and Grill for a traditional Wisconsin Friday night fish fry, The remainder of the evening is free.

Saturday October 27th we will meet at Walrus Shoe & Leather Co at 9AM for Coffee and donuts, followed by our annual business meeting. Then we will start our day with various presenters with a break for lunch, which will be provided. More talks will continue after lunch. We usually finish about 5pm so everyone gets a break before meeting for our feasting and drinking dinner at The Duck Inn at 6:30PM. After dinner everyone is invited back to the farm for socializing and exchanging of thoughts and Tool Swap.

Sunday October 28th we will meet for breakfast at Perkins at 9am, Then back to Walrus Shoe & Leather Co for the rest of the presentations, if not completed on Saturday and for what we like to call “Shoe and Tell”, where everyone is welcomed to show what they are making/selling or share info they have learned. There will be The traditional dinner that evening, at Hernandez for those that stay on.

Up dates will be added as they occur.

A personal note:

All who can please come and share your love of the Craft, bring what you make, and share your stories.

Looking foreword to seeing old friends and making new ones.
luckyduck

#70 Post by luckyduck »

Hey All,

Anyone looking for a roomate at the hotel for the AGM? I am looking for someone to share the room and cost with.

Thanks

Paul Opperman
paul

#71 Post by paul »

Paul,

Have you talked with Rick? He posted the same query above.

See you there.

Paul Krause
relferink

#72 Post by relferink »

All,

I'm flying into O'Hare on Friday Oct. 26th at 11:45AM and fly out of the same airport Sunday at 6PM. I've reserved a rental car. If anyone likes to ride with me let me know. So far the car is empty and I'd like some company (or maybe just someone to blame if I get lostImage)

Rob
erickgeer

#73 Post by erickgeer »

All,

If anyone is still looking for a second in their room, I haven't booked yet. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks,

Erick
zoe_rios
Full Name: Zoe Rios

#74 Post by zoe_rios »

Hi,

I am looking to share the cost of transportation to the meeting from MKE on Friday the 26th (I arrive at 10:30am) and back to MKE on Monday the 29th in time to fly out at 11:00am.

Can anyone help? Thanks, Zoe
paul

#75 Post by paul »

Zoe,

My wife and I are on the same schedule, and would invite you into our rental car, however we're arriving and departing from ORD.

Sorry.
See you there tho,

PK