Turnshoes

peggy

Re: Turnshoes

#76 Post by peggy »

Tight Stitches,

Thank you for the lesson on smoothers, that is chapter and verse and I will print it out and save it. I am so grateful for your movies on channeling, insoling and attaching thread to a bristle. They are the summit and have helped more than I can find words to say! I've also saved your articles from askandyaboutclothes.com on shoes. Image

(Message edited by peggy on March 11, 2011)
dw
Seanchaidh
Full Name: DWFII
Has Liked: 204 times
Been Liked: 122 times

#77 Post by dw »

Peggy,

Thanks for the kind words.

No "lesson" was intended--just idle ramblings and observations.

I've about given up on all these clothing forums. The memberships are predominately fan boys and "brand wonks." They don't really care about quality or what constitutes quality. Just what they paid...for bragging rights...and what the brand name is--safety in numbers.

As for the video clips...glad to be of help.

PS...it's "DW", BTW--the "Tight Stitches" bit is more admonition than moniker.

Tight Stitches
DWFII--HCC Member
Harkmark sko
Full Name: Dina Harkmark Lie

#78 Post by Harkmark sko »

My name is Dina Harkmark Lie, I am a shoemaker from Norway. The last decade I have gone to museums to look for the old shoes to mach the folkdress who were made in the 18th c. As I am now making prototypes to mach the old turnshoes I wonder how the lasts look like?
Are there any workshops that can make the "18th c -look" I have made 20 pairs of lasts after measure and feel up to the task.
Any tips, hints, or even better -people to find?
Helsing Dina
bcFour
Full Name: Bob Bautista
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 47 times

#79 Post by bcFour »

I know that William (forgot last name) from London has gone through a turn shoe or two. You can find him on Instagram at @shoemakers_toolmakers. Very nice guy!