Custom Shoemaking in Canada

Was your Grandfather (or Grandmother) a shoemaker? Perhaps an Uncle? Or maybe just someone you knew and remember from childhood. Tell us the story.
Denis Daveed Julien

Custom Shoemaking in Canada

#1 Post by Denis Daveed Julien »

No I know of a few shoemakers. I am one who owns a shop and we have been making attempts at making some custom-made shoes and boots, mainly sandals.
They all seemed to have worked out fine. That kind of knowledge is not easily passed on for those who want to learn as you must know. Making shoes is not an obvious thing.
Daveed
admin
Site Admin
Full Name: Admin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: Custom Shoemaking in Canada

#2 Post by admin »

All messages posted prior to 25 February 2002 have been moved to the first Crispin Colloquy CD Archive. Those interested in obtaining a copy of this CD need to contact admin@thehcc.org

Admin--07 May 2002
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies
Been Liked: 3 times

#3 Post by dearbone »

I really didn't know where to post this story which i came through recently,i noticed this thread that has not been used for some time and will be a safe one to post my story.

An old acquaintance called and and said if he can bring a pair of shoes for repair,I said yes and when he brought the boot with a hole in the sole in one of the soles,not having seen him for 18 years we got into talking and i took the boots and put them aside,few days past when i was looking for a last to put into the boots to sew a new half soles on them and while looking inside the boots,looking for a factory size to put a last in them i noticed the lining of the boots,something i have seen before and realized that the boots were my made 18 years ago,They were welted all around,heel included,which i stopped doing,but have no idea how many of them with welt sewn all around out there done this way!
11918.jpg

Nasser
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies
Been Liked: 3 times

#4 Post by dearbone »

Sorry about that,i will try again.
11920.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.