The Gallery

This is a photo gallery for members of the forum. Here you can share photos of your latest work for members to view. Like an Art gallery, however, where the exhibits come and go, photos will be deleted on a regular basis to save room on the server. Beauty, like Art, is fleeting.
tomo

Re: The Gallery

#26 Post by tomo »

Here are a project I've recently made.

It's a shoulder holster for a guy's cell phone, I also fitted a pocket for cash or cards (- there's a wedge shaped gusset down the left hand side), and a pen loop to boot. The phone pouch is about 3 iron (1.5mm) russet that was moulded over a former and the body is upper leather (chrome). The phone pouch was spray dyed then blown over with pigment, sealer and laquer.
3842.jpg

More power to y'awl.

T.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
proxy posting

#27 Post by proxy posting »

couple photos of a pair of California theme crocodile boots.

By Valerie Coe
3855.jpg

3856.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
shane
Full Name: shane deeter
Been Liked: 2 times

#28 Post by shane »

Here are a few more pictures. Both of these pair a shark.
3870.jpg
3871.jpg

Shane
sorrell
Full Name: Lisa Sorrell
Been Liked: 10 times

#29 Post by sorrell »

Let's see if I remember how to do this... This is a really cool pair of boots I made for a customer in December. The tops are kangaroo and the eagle design is like the one from the cover of "The Art of the Boot." The foot is burgundy crocodile (flipper cut) that I got from Mark Staton and Clint Orms did the silver and copper pieces.
/image{small silver boots}
sorrell

#30 Post by sorrell »

3910.jpg
sorrell

#31 Post by sorrell »

Well, I finally figured it out.

Here's another pair. They're navy kangaroo with seven rows of stitching and an inlaid scorpion on the toe.
3912.jpg
sorrell

#32 Post by sorrell »

This is a pair of ostrich work boots I made for my husband. He's spoiled, but after years of supporting a bootmaker there's no doubt he deserves it!
3914.jpg
paul_k

#33 Post by paul_k »

It's been awhile since I finished these, but it's also been awhile since we had any work to look at.

This first pair is meant as an offer of collaboration between me and the customer who will carve his own tops.

The second pair is GH French Calf with carved leather trim pieces.
3956.jpg

3957.jpg

Back to the bench,

PK
dw
Seanchaidh
Full Name: DWFII
Has Liked: 204 times
Been Liked: 122 times

#34 Post by dw »

Here's a pair of boots I just finished...black Beaumont vamps, wine mirro buffalo tops. 1 5/8" heel.. wide blucher toe.
3973.jpg

Tight Stitches
DWFII--Member HCC
paul_k

#35 Post by paul_k »

OK,

Here's my redo on the Marine emblem inlay, attached to the finished boots, black and burgundy Water Buffalo.
4057.jpg
4058.jpg

The second pair is all Roo. The inlay is that Sioux Indian image of the red, white and blue buffalo skull. As I understand the story, the Sioux tribes adopted this image acknowledgeing the power of the colors in the American flag as the Calvery came into battle. They were hopeing that by combining the images, it would double their power to in their struggle against the policy of Manifest Destiny.
4059.jpg
}
4060.jpg

I'm certainly open to all comments.

Thank you,

PK
admin
Site Admin
Full Name: Admin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 5 times

#36 Post by admin »

4065.jpg

Randy and Claudia
HELLBENT FOR LEATHER
NASHVILLE, TN
admin
Site Admin
Full Name: Admin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 5 times

#37 Post by admin »

4067.jpg

4068.jpg

Randy and Claudia
HELLBENT FOR LEATHER
NASHVILLE, TN

[I apologize to members for violating our own rules and posting these photos in such a large format. I made an exception for this exceptional work because I thought it was important to see the detail. I have not seen better inlay and overlay work anywhere. This sets a standard for anyone interested in this kind of work. I personally am in awe.]

Emmett...
sorrell

#38 Post by sorrell »

Here's a pair of Texas-themed boots I just finished. I'm going to try to post a picture of each side since they're different.

Lisa
/image{April 2006 006}

/image{April 2006 007}
sorrell

#39 Post by sorrell »

I ALWAYS seem to use the wrong backslash the first time...
4085.jpg

4086.jpg
sorrell

#40 Post by sorrell »

And now, while I still know what I'm doing, here's a Louisiana state themed boot. It seemed to be my month for state boots!
4088.jpg
sorrell

#41 Post by sorrell »

One more...these were for a lady who said "her family was in oil." I wish mine had thought of that!
4090.jpg
erickgeer

#42 Post by erickgeer »

Here are pictures of two pairs that I just finished for a wedding. The ladies shoe is from kid-skin with a cemented sole:
4190.jpg

The mens pair is made in glazed italian veg-tan. These, I had a local shoe repair run a McKay stitch. More for looks than functionality, I pegged the shank:
4191.jpg

I will be posting these on my website later, but I haven't posted to the gallery lately. Enjoy

Erick
dw
Seanchaidh

#43 Post by dw »

Kind of a standard for me...but tried and true. I end up refining it in subtle ways every time I do it.
4223.jpg

Tight Stitches
DWFII--Member HCC
dw
Seanchaidh

#44 Post by dw »

Here's another photo of these boots. I don't ordinarily post more than one photo and I don't post a pic of every pair I make, but I wanted to show the whole boot in profile so that the toe cap and heel scab were seen and also so that the filigree could be seen full on.

BTW these are Sheridan (Birdsall) Kangaroo, 16" tops on a short stubby last, 1 5/8" heel, box toe, and made for a woman.
4229.jpg

Tight Stitches
DWFII--HCC Member
dw
Seanchaidh

#45 Post by dw »

Here's the second pair of "Derby boots"/dress packers for my Lobb's customer. He's had four pair of boots total--two full Wellingtons and two Derbys and has another pair...a "Pee Wee" in cream and rust 'Roo...in the works.

This boot is mirro calf (WB) with an inch and five-eighths Cuban (or more properly, I suppose, a "military" ) heel. Full gusseted tongue.
4309.jpg

Tight Stitches
DWFII--HCC Member
sbarrus

#46 Post by sbarrus »

I have not mase a boot for the past 8 years but I would like to show you all the last few boots that i did make.

Shark with bucking horse inlay for my father.

Armadillo with burnished calf.

Blue elephant with black french calf.

Elephant insulated hunting boots from elephant taken by hunter.

Lizzard with black calf for my wife
4323.jpg
4324.jpg
4325.jpg
4326.jpg
4327.jpg
dmcharg
Full Name: Duncan McHarg
Been Liked: 21 times

#47 Post by dmcharg »

G'day All,
I think I've finally managed to work out how all these programs at the Internet centre work.
Here goes.
The first pic. is a recent shot of one of a pair of boots I made 7 years ago. They fit me and have been worn a few times including 5 hours dancing at a local Colonial Ball my wife Sandra and I went to commemerating 150yrs since the discovery of gold here.
The artwork is not inlay but dye work as I get all my veg. natural. Still took 40 hours to do the art.

4334.jpg

This pair I finished at 2:30am Sunday morn for a small art show by local artists around Clunes, Victoria, Australia.
Supposed to be inspired by literature so these are 'The Elves Wages'. They didn't turn up to help though Image
4335.jpg

And or course both of them were made 'lastless'.

Cheers
Duncan

(Message edited by DMcharg on August 16, 2006)
dmcharg

#48 Post by dmcharg »

The Elf boots are 6" long by 6 3/4" tall and will fit our 22 month old soon!

Just got to decide wether I want her to. But boots aren't finished until they're worn are they.

Duncan
dmcharg

#49 Post by dmcharg »

Because the detail on the black boots didn't come out all that well, and to try and fix the method of doing this in my head;
Here's a couple of details of the cuffs before they were added to the rest of the boots.

4337.jpg

Cheers Duncan
dmcharg

#50 Post by dmcharg »

Sorry, didn't go quite according to plan.