The Gallery

This is a photo gallery for members of the forum. Here you can share photos of your latest work for members to view. Like an Art gallery, however, where the exhibits come and go, photos will be deleted on a regular basis to save room on the server. Beauty, like Art, is fleeting.
idris_nowell
Full Name: Idris Nowell

Re: The Gallery

#851 Post by idris_nowell »

14263.jpg

Here is a pic of my second pair of shoes, or boots rather.

Calf length boots on the same lasts as the shoes. Elastic loops onto metal buttons in place of laces. Full welt but hidden leather sole and built up heel.

Comments and criticisms gratefully received.

Idris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dw
Seanchaidh
Full Name: DWFII
Has Liked: 204 times
Been Liked: 122 times

#852 Post by dw »

I guess it never rains but it pours...

Here is my latest for a customer from Missouri, Florida, and Camp Sherman Oregon (where he spends the summer flyfishing for Rainbow and Bull Trout on the Metolius River).

Everything is bespoke including the Cuban heel.

Burgundy full quill ostrich, one inch cuban heel, wide round toe, beveled waist, not fiddleback.
14287.jpg

14288.jpg

Tight Stitches
DWFII--HCC Member

[center]Little Jack Dandiprat in a white petticoat,
The longer he lives, the shorter he grows.[/center]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jim_b

#853 Post by jim_b »

As for the earlier posting of the dressage boots, I am in search of a pair of adjustable trees as seen in the picture posted. PLEASE contact me if you have or know where to get a pair. Thank you!
romango
Full Name: Rick Roman
Been Liked: 8 times

#854 Post by romango »

Continuing on my balmoral theme, I wanted to make some black and white dance shoe. I used Inkscape to better envision the goal:
14375.jpg

and here is the result:
14376.jpg

14377.jpg

The C clef on the bottom is a little rough but still sort of cute. I used from tape to mask the area of the design but transferring the little pieces of tape to the shoe I got my fingers all over the sticky on the tape and so the ink leaked under a bit.

I used shrink wrap to protect the white upper while soling. This actually worked quite well, even though it's a exclusively glue construction.

I'll post some pictures on that process elsewhere.
zach
Full Name: Zach Jurewicz

#855 Post by zach »

This is my first attempt at boots. Lots to learn!
14386.jpg

(Message edited by Zach on February 12, 2012)
lancepryor
Full Name: lance pryor
Been Liked: 3 times

#856 Post by lancepryor »

Here is my most recent pair -- black calf on black suede spectator/correspondent shoes. The suede is the reverse side of some Edelman cashmere calf.

Beveled waist, hand-sewn outsole.
14396.jpg

14397.jpg

14398.jpg

14399.jpg

Lance
romango

#857 Post by romango »

My second attempt at hiking boots. The first pair I had design problems. There are still a few changes I would make but these are wearable.

I made good use of Frank Jones book "Pattern Cutting" to construct the bellows tongue. Upper is Horween latigo.
14414.jpg

14415.jpg
lancepryor

#858 Post by lancepryor »

Here is a pair I just finished.

This pair is for my sister in law and is made on a last that I made for her.

Leather is an Edelman Luxe Calf, insole/outsole/welt are Bakers, and the outsole was handsewn at 10 spi. I did a beveled waist and fiddelback sole on this pair.
14455.jpg

14456.jpg

Lance
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies

#859 Post by dearbone »

A pair of ankle boots in French calf from Hardke and some pebble grain for the wings,The French calf from Hardke is great leather,but the import charges were high.
14529.jpg
jon_g
Full Name: Jon Gray
Been Liked: 1 time

#860 Post by jon_g »

The latest pair from my workshop. I've kept an old pair of my Father's shoes around for many years because I liked the style and thought I'd copy them one day, well the day finally came.

Oxblood Longwings made from Hardke French Calf
14531.jpg
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies

#861 Post by dearbone »

Here is a pair of ankle boots in French calf and fully hand welted.
14540.jpg

Nasser
romango

#862 Post by romango »

Staton alligator and Horween black cordovan Chelsea boots. My first with both gator and cordovan.

I will say that the cordovan was lovely to work with. It showed no propensity to tear. It does have a reputation for this but it seemed very forgiving to me.
14542.jpg
janne_melkersson
Full Name: Jan-Erik Melkersson

#863 Post by janne_melkersson »

Here is a boot I made for my brother. The tops are made by Malin Jonsson a former student to Tex Robin.
14555.jpg
dlskidmore
Full Name: Denise Skidmore

#864 Post by dlskidmore »

Emboldened by the congregation of newbies in the lasting topic, here are some of my moccasins. They're really primitive, but fit well, which is something I never got out of a shoe store.
14560.jpg

Ruby Slipers concept shoe
14561.jpg

First leather moccasins
14562.jpg

Husband's moccasins
14563.jpg

Ghillie adaptation for relative with constantly varying foot swelling
14564.jpg

Second leather moccasins
14565.jpg

Ghillie Take 2

(Message edited by dlskidmore on April 08, 2012)

(Message edited by dlskidmore on April 08, 2012)
romango

#865 Post by romango »

Another addition to my dance shoe design samples.

Hardtke box calf and python. The box calf is a new product at Hartke. It's double plated with a somewhat glossy finish... more glossy than GH French calf but not outrageous. It's a lot cheaper than French calf too.
14578.jpg

14579.jpg

14580.jpg
lancepryor

#866 Post by lancepryor »

Here is a pair of Chukka boots I just finished.

These were made out of Edelman Scotch grain. Inspired by the Anthony Delos videos on Youtube, I tried my hand at a Norwegian welt. It was fun, although as you can see my stitching was a bit uneven in a few places. Because of my high instep, I also crimped the leather before closing. I think a boot last, or one with a more of an an ankle, would have been helpful.

The outsole was stitched at 9 spi, and the sole is the Milton Sokol Belgian, which is not as nice to sew as the Bakers. There is also a midsole, which is some softer veg tanned belly.
14615.jpg

14616.jpg

Lance
piper
Full Name: Diane

#867 Post by piper »

Here is a pair of one-button moccasins I just finished. I am hoping the glue will adhere well this time. I'm self-taught, definitely not a pro. Just a hobby to fit my Hobbit feet, 7EEEE on a woman, good luck with professional shoes. I wear mostly my own shoes all the time now. These look like cows to me.
14618.jpg
romango

#868 Post by romango »

French calf derbys
14624.jpg

14625.jpg
athan_chilton
Full Name: Athan Chilton

#869 Post by athan_chilton »

14627.jpg

I'm being brave & posting this pic, my first attempt since my course with DW in November. In retrospect, it's probably good that I tried to do most everything by hand (except the fancy stitching and basic parts assembly) but frankly, if my next hand sewed outsole looks like this does (be glad, very glad, that you can't see it more clearly) I will go looking for somebody with a stitcher! I mis-trimmed, and/or mis-placed my stitch line, ended up nearly trimming away stitches thereafter...sheesh. Nothing I can do to make it look any prettier, either - so I didn't really finish the heels a lot, otherwise there'd have been a horrible contrast between the shiny heels and nasty looking outsole up front. Surely the next ones will go better!?
jesselee
Full Name: Jesse Lee Cantrell

#870 Post by jesselee »

These are the typical US Army shoes commonly called brogans which were made in Lynn MA. The lasts are copied by myself from period originals, the stitching is to Govt. contract and they are govt. contract patterns.

Hope this works..

Nope. Anyway if you want to see them you can email me.

Cheers,

JesseLee
kemosabi
Full Name: Nat Ledbetter

#871 Post by kemosabi »

Some derbies made by request:
14658.jpg

Been working on my finishing:
14659.jpg

-Nat
kemosabi

#872 Post by kemosabi »

Posted for JesseLee Cantrell:

------------

These are the typical US Army shoes commonly called brogans which were made in Lynn MA. The lasts are copied by myself from period originals, the stitching is to Govt. contract and they are govt. contract patterns.
14661.jpg
14662.jpg
14663.jpg
14664.jpg
14665.jpg
kemosabi

#873 Post by kemosabi »

Some Derby ankle boots also made by request. Hand sewn full welt. Wish I could take a decent picture, but you get the idea:
14667.jpg
michael_nash

#874 Post by michael_nash »

This is a pair I just finished built on a custom last that Lance made for me awhile back. Thanks Lance!

(Message edited by admin on May 29, 2012)
michael_nash

#875 Post by michael_nash »

Here's two more views, re-sized properly this time..I'll learn eventually Image
14702.jpg
14703.jpg