The Gallery

This is a photo gallery for members of the forum. Here you can share photos of your latest work for members to view. Like an Art gallery, however, where the exhibits come and go, photos will be deleted on a regular basis to save room on the server. Beauty, like Art, is fleeting.
luckyduck

Re: The Gallery

#826 Post by luckyduck »

Time for another pair of western boots.

13/8 heel
Hartke calf foot and collar
Olive kangaroo leg with orange kangaroo poppies.

Lisa helped me develop the bad habit of naming my boots. These are California Dreaming after the Cali state flower on the leg.
13983.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kemosabi
Full Name: Nat Ledbetter
Been Liked: 1 time

#827 Post by kemosabi »

My first try at whole-cut hikers... Oiled cowhide with Norwegian welt, gusset, padded tongue. Made for my son, who doesn't mind wearing my mistakes! Also a supreme test in durability of my construction since he's 10 years old.

13985.jpg
13986.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dmcharg
Full Name: Duncan McHarg
Been Liked: 21 times

#828 Post by dmcharg »

G'day All,

Haven't put anything up for a while, so here is my current pair; ballroom dancing shoes for a lady with bunions (took way too long). Tried, and learnt, a lot of new things with this pair ( including how long it takes trying and learning a lot of new things : ) ).

Upper is veg 'roo, all stitching is hand sewn with hand rolled threads and Francis' bristles on the ends.

The heels I laboriously carved out of beech I salvaged from crate framing from Polaris ride on lawnmowers (the sign said "free firewood" : O )
13988.jpg

I originally carved the buckle and stud out of wax, then sent them to a jewellery casters where they were cast in bronze.
Here is the stud

13989.jpg

And in use...

13990.jpg

It was my first time using dancers suede,

13991.jpg

And the finished items...

13992.jpg

13993.jpg

Now, here's hoping they're a success : )

Cheers
Duncan
dmcharg

#829 Post by dmcharg »

G'day all,
I've since fitted out a (presumably MDF) gift box to give the dance shoes to the customer in. I was originally just going to put tissue paper in with them, but was concerned about them bumping around in transit. Also, I was thinking that it would be a good way for her to store them at home and take them to and from dancing. So I decided to have a go at lining it with velvet and shaped padding.
I'm very pleased with how it all turned out.
14008.jpg

I've put how I lined it over in “Miscellaneous tips, advice and cautions”.

Cheers
Duncan
romango
Full Name: Rick Roman
Been Liked: 8 times

#830 Post by romango »

Horween latigo boots modeled on my preeminent customer - my daughter Zoe.
14075.jpg

14076.jpg
sorrell
Full Name: Lisa Sorrell
Been Liked: 10 times

#831 Post by sorrell »

These are the boots with the high vamp crocodile that I crimped in the demonstration video at the AGM in Oregon.
14078.jpg

I haven't gotten the demonstration video uploaded to YouTube yet but I will soon. YouTube doesn't like the format that my Mac used for the video and I'm still trying to figure out how to convert it to something else that YouTube will recognize.

Lisa
lancepryor
Full Name: lance pryor
Been Liked: 3 times

#832 Post by lancepryor »

Here is my most recent pair, a pair of 'lazyman' or gusseted oxfords. These were made with the Edelman 'Russian' leather, which is purportedly tanned like the traditional Russian leather found in the Meta Catarina shipwreck. You can see this leather pulled up light; I'm still not sure if I'll dye the leather or leave it as is.

I was pleased with my beveled waist on this pair. Outsole was handstitched at 10 spi.
14080.jpg

Lance
paul
Full Name: Paul Krause
Been Liked: 14 times

#833 Post by paul »

It's been so long since I posted any pictures of any of my work. Between moving into my new space here in downtown Prescott, and putting out fires from repairs and other custom things neglected in the process, it's been a wild ride. Heck, it ain't over yet!

ANyway, here are a couple of pair of boots I did up for the upcoming 21st Annual Trappings of the American West Show, opening this next Saturday the 12th, and running through Feb.19, 2012 here at Prescott's Phippen Museum.

The first pair is #3 in my series of Arizona Flag motif designs:
A Black French Calf Full Cut with a graft of tooling leather embellished with the AZ Flag waving on it's pole, and trimmed out in Red Kangaroo.
The second pair is Tan Ostrich on Bone Silky Water Buffalo from Garlin Neuman, in a Triad design. The pulls, trim and scroll stitch pattern are done in Wedgewood blue.
I also entered the attached 18" Stove Pipe Plainsman in Brown Beaumont with it's Cathedral stitch pattern. This is the one from last year which was never picked up by the customer.

Paul
14126.jpg
14127.jpg
courtney
Full Name: courtney schamach

#834 Post by courtney »

14129.jpg
14130.jpg
14131.jpg
14132.jpg
14133.jpg

Here are my newest boots! this is the second pair that I have actually been able to wear, built up for my orthotics with 1/2" outsole lift on right.

My pictures didnt come out before, so these are after I have worn them for 2 days.

I'm not sure how many pairs I have made so far, 5 or 6 I think, but I put a picture of the 2nd pair I made for comparison.

Courtney

(Message edited by courtney on November 07, 2011)
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies
Been Liked: 3 times

#835 Post by dearbone »

A pair of made to order plain wing tip oxford in oxblood calf leather. On a different note, as of recent i have been having some problems with the kiwi polish and other new brands of polish,it wouldn't absorb into leather but stays on the grain with pasticy finish which i had to remove from the above shoe,I end up using the cream instead,I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this with their polish.
14144.jpg

Nasser
paul
Full Name: Paul Krause
Been Liked: 14 times

#836 Post by paul »

14146.jpg

Here is my most recent finish. Burgandy Water Buffalo with Chocolate calf tops, stitched in red, that old Hyer pattern with a little PK shift on it.
This is the pair for the fellow who was the winning bidder in that auction done last January, featuring the single AZ flag motif boot in a Tejas design (it's somewhere on here).
Got a good fit for him, and he's a very happy generous soul. Good stuff!
Paul
dmcharg

#837 Post by dmcharg »

Latest pair, For my wife, Sandra.
I've developed a couple of extra measurements, in the arch area, for my lastless methods, and I'm very pleased with the results.
14148.jpg

Cheers
Duncan
athan_chilton
Full Name: Athan Chilton

#838 Post by athan_chilton »

14150.jpg

My first pair of Western boots, made during my three-week course with DWFII. DW had to do some of the really tricky stuff that I either could not do (or as a beginner was not permitted to do), including sewing the side welt and outsoles with Landis stitchers. But I did at least part if not all of most other operations, including all the fancy pattern stitching. Did not think I could see well enough for that, but I surprised myself. I am proud of these boots but they are not gonna sit on a shelf and gather dust! I am wearing them as I type.
j_johansen
Full Name: J Johansen
Been Liked: 2 times

#839 Post by j_johansen »

14198.jpg

Mostly I've been busy with school, but I'm on break and finished these boots this morning.
bootmkr
Full Name: Lonnie Smith

#840 Post by bootmkr »

Just finished today, Black and White Kid skins, full brogue Oxfords with high quarters,with a western heel 1 5/8".

bootmkr
Full Name: Lonnie Smith

#841 Post by bootmkr »

Here the photo to go with my post.
14213.jpg
romango

#842 Post by romango »

Some new dance shoes with a Balmoral style.
14223.jpg
jesselee
Full Name: Jesse Lee Cantrell

#843 Post by jesselee »

gshoes
Full Name: Geraldine Rabey

#844 Post by gshoes »

I am posting these pictures for Jesse Lee Cantrell
14235.jpg
14236.jpg

(Message edited by admin on January 04, 2012)
gshoes
Full Name: Geraldine Rabey

#845 Post by gshoes »

14239.jpg
romango

#846 Post by romango »

A Balmoral style Chelsea boot. Horween calf-cordavan (no longer available) and suede(split) tops.

German or hidden welt
14241.jpg

14242.jpg

14243.jpg
janne_melkersson
Full Name: Jan-Erik Melkersson

#847 Post by janne_melkersson »

I have had the pleasure to have Ms Brandi Devers in my shop for a 10 dyas course. She has been making these dressage boots. I am sure we are going to hear about her in the future becasue she is a talented. She is also a student of DW, that said she had a solid ground to stand on.
14255.jpg

(Message edited by janne melkersson on January 11, 2012)
janne_melkersson
Full Name: Jan-Erik Melkersson

#848 Post by janne_melkersson »

Here is another photo of the boot
14257.jpg
jon_g
Full Name: Jon Gray

#849 Post by jon_g »

I haven't posted in a while, but I have enjoyed the good work others are showing. This last pair made by Janne's student looks really great. I would love to learn about the tradition of riding boots.

Here is a recent pair of mine. Saddle coloured burnishable buffalo with subtle antiquing.
14259.jpg
jon_g
Full Name: Jon Gray

#850 Post by jon_g »

I was reminded of this pair today. I posted a couple of close ups of them a while back but never the whole shoe.
14261.jpg