The Gallery

This is a photo gallery for members of the forum. Here you can share photos of your latest work for members to view. Like an Art gallery, however, where the exhibits come and go, photos will be deleted on a regular basis to save room on the server. Beauty, like Art, is fleeting.
bootmkr
Full Name: Lonnie Smith

Re: The Gallery

#776 Post by bootmkr »

Here a pair of lace-ups 16in. tops.
Bottoms dark brown bull.
Tops are cream goat.

\image(my pic)
bootmkr

#777 Post by bootmkr »

Try again.. A pair of lace-up 16in. tops.
Bottoms dark brown bull hide.
Tops cream goat.

13511.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fishball
Full Name: Alexander A. W. W. Yu

#778 Post by fishball »

Forgot to post the sole:
13513.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dw
Seanchaidh
Full Name: DWFII
Has Liked: 204 times
Been Liked: 122 times

#779 Post by dw »

I think I'll slip a couple of pair in here...between everyone else's great work.

A little something for everyone.

First pair...elephant and water buffalo, 2-1/4" heel, narrow round toe. To Edmonton or thereabouts.
13515.jpg

Second pair..brown latigo vamps, water buffalo tops, asymmetrical stitch patter. To Switzerland.
13516.jpg

Third pair...navy alligator, navy and bone filigree, wide box toe. To Brussels.
13517.jpg

Bottoms of third pair..."Egad! I think he's got it!" Horizontal channel, machine stitched.
13518.jpg

Tight Stitches
DWFII--HCC Member
dw
Seanchaidh
Full Name: DWFII
Has Liked: 204 times
Been Liked: 122 times

#780 Post by dw »

Also...two shots of a pair of chukkas I sent out last week.

Black shell cordovan, five-eighth's inch heel, waist neither tapered nor fiddlebacked but the edge rounded rather than trimmed and colliced.
13526.jpg

This shot is unnecessary but it does show the finished heel that i mentioned in "Finishing".
13527.jpg

Tight Stitches
DWFII--HCC Member
jon_g
Full Name: Jon Gray
Been Liked: 1 time

#781 Post by jon_g »

I just got these photos in today. Here is a recent whole cut that I made from Hardke french calf.
13531.jpg
13532.jpg
romango
Full Name: Rick Roman
Been Liked: 8 times

#782 Post by romango »

Woman's "practice" dance shoe.

Edelman Napoli Crust leather. That's what the tag says anyway. I found it in the scrap bin at Oregon Leather. Not sure why it's 'crust' seems completely finished to me.
13558.jpg

13559.jpg
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies
Been Liked: 3 times

#783 Post by dearbone »

Here is an order for a zipper boots in brown calf,Don't particularly like zippers personally,but when customers ask for them,I will make them for them.
13561.jpg

Nasser
luckyduck

#784 Post by luckyduck »

Another pair of packers.

Celtic Knot themed stitching, 1" heels, 10" tops, Ecopell leather, rubber outsole.
13563.jpg
piper
Full Name: Diane

#785 Post by piper »

I made these. They are sort of a hybrid between an attempt to make moccasin boots where you tape up your foot and make a pattern and sew them turn-shoe-style (which I couldn't seem to do) and the simple shoe-making style which I learned from Simpleshoemaking.com. I at least learned how to do the one-button closure.

I wear them almost every day. They've stretched out nicely. I am not happy with the flat, duck-shape that they ended up being, but my feet are really very wide and so they'll be rather duck-shaped no matter what I do. I only want to learn shoe-making so I never have to wear pointy torture devices ever again.
13565.jpg
ana_santana
Full Name: Ana Luisa Santana

#786 Post by ana_santana »

Here is my last shoe. It turned out too agressive - the spikes are too big (a bit painful to handle sometimes) and the lining is dull as hell, like a sheep in wolf's clothing!
But highly recommended. Go for studs! Image
13578.jpg
13579.jpg
salsa
Full Name: Richard Castellar

#787 Post by salsa »

13583.jpg
athan_chilton
Full Name: Athan Chilton

#788 Post by athan_chilton »

I just returned from my invited class in Budapest. My task was to start learning the 'English Welt'. I found the curved needles difficult to feed through, and had a few other difficulties, but in the end I succeeded. The beautiful uppers were patterned and sewn by Marcell's highly talented employees, Erika and Audrey, both of whom were a pleasure to watch in action.
13585.jpg
13586.jpg
13587.jpg
romango

#789 Post by romango »

Another single shoe for my upcoming display window. GH French Calf, Redenbach sole. West End last that I got from Georgene.

I tried the trick DW mentioned to cut off and file the brass nail before hammering them flush. This works well and really makes it so your nails can be any length you choose.

Unfortunately, my channel opened up a bit when I dyed the bottom. The leather kind of shrunk. I'm tempted to sand it down again.
13593.jpg

13594.jpg

13595.jpg

13596.jpg
lancepryor
Full Name: lance pryor

#790 Post by lancepryor »

Here is a pair of black 'half brogues.' This pair of uppers was actually made for a different pair of lasts, so the fit was a tiny bit off; plus, since my feet are different lengths, the caps are of slightly different lengths on the finishes shoes, since the two uppers weren't made to incorporate the different length of the lasts. The closing was done by a London closer who works for many of the London bespoke firms.

I did the shoes with a beveled waist but no fiddleback sole. The outsoles were Sokol Belgian and were stitched at 12 SPI -- I grabbed the wrong fudge wheel when marking out the welt, so I had to go for it!

Also, I did a 'counter in waist' -- i.e. a very long heel counter that wraps all the way around the heel and terminates only a little behind the joint on the medial side; this provides a bit more support for the instep/arch of the foot.
13604.jpg

13605.jpg

13606.jpg

13607.jpg

Lance
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies

#791 Post by dearbone »

A pair of light Derby in calf leather for the lady next door with big bunions and spread joints and not much luck finding ready made shoes to fit her, She left me to chose the design but said she wanted laces,So the first thing that came to my mind was a Derby.
13631.jpg

Nasser
lancepryor
Full Name: lance pryor

#792 Post by lancepryor »

Here is my latest pair: a tan oxford with a false toe cap (brogued and sewn, but without an actual second layer of leather in a crust leather. Bakers outsole sewn at 10 spi with a beveled, non-fiddleback waist. This pair is on my soft-chisel toe. All in all they turned out pretty well, though my edge finishing leaves alot to be desired.
13647.jpg

13648.jpg

13649.jpg

13650.jpg

Lance
fclasse
Full Name: Francis Classe
Been Liked: 1 time

#793 Post by fclasse »

A pair of 16th C. shoes that I just finished up. I'm not terribly happy with the bunching on the lining, but the customer specified lining that could be pulled through the slashes, so...
13669.jpg

Francis
paul
Full Name: Paul Krause
Been Liked: 14 times

#794 Post by paul »

Been busy getting the new shop ready to move in. Still may be a couple of weeks.
But in the meantime work goes on.

Here is a picture of a pair I finished a couple of weeks ago. Mark Stanton Alligator, Kangaroo top with fawn coloured roo inlays.

What a challenging fit. AA heel and EE ball!
13671.jpg
romango

#795 Post by romango »

Some boots for my wife. I tried out the side channel method DW mentioned. It worked fine but still makes me nervous that it may come open at some point. We'll see.
13673.jpg

13674.jpg

13675.jpg

13676.jpg

13677.jpg

(Message edited by romango on May 14, 2011)
romango

#796 Post by romango »

My first attempt at penny loafers. Edelman Luxe Calf, JR soling with side channeled English welt.

I should have put a rand around the heel, in retrospect. But, hey, it's the first try.
13695.jpg

13696.jpg
bootmkr

#797 Post by bootmkr »

I'll try this again, my finished pair Ostrich and kid shin.

13702.jpg
luckyduck

#798 Post by luckyduck »

Here are 2 pair that I made at a 4 week class with Lisa Sorrell last month.
13706.jpg

A closer view of the stitching AFTER several top stitching lessons.
13707.jpg

A sample of the bottom work after some curved needle lessons. Staying in the groove is tricky and this is the best I did in the 4 boots.
13708.jpg

The class was great and I will put up a review on the classes and instruction thread as soon as I get it together.
athan_chilton
Full Name: Athan Chilton

#799 Post by athan_chilton »

Wow, Paul, great strides forward in your bootmaking! I am so jealous Image My first pair will happen later this year.
holly
Full Name: Holly Embree

#800 Post by holly »

A return to man shoes. The Edelman Luxe in Vino and Pitch Brown. The proportion of vamp to quarter is not quite perfect, but I do like the line. I was aiming for translucent but consistent edge color, didn't hit it this time. Overall though, an auspicious start to my torrid love affair with oxfords. A shout out here to Tim Skyrme for including closing instruction in his book.

Hints, observations, and chastisements welcome.
13712.jpg
13713.jpg