The Gallery

This is a photo gallery for members of the forum. Here you can share photos of your latest work for members to view. Like an Art gallery, however, where the exhibits come and go, photos will be deleted on a regular basis to save room on the server. Beauty, like Art, is fleeting.
romango
Full Name: Rick Roman
Been Liked: 8 times

Re: The Gallery

#651 Post by romango »

My second pair of cowboy boots. Waterhouse veg calf. Beautiful and very nice to work with but watch out for watermarks. I Gotta soak the whole top next time.

Side seam was stitched using my curved needle stitcher. This sort of works... The problem is that the work is somewhat flexible and the stitcher table is tiny. It's meant for use with very stiff leather. I think if I could build a flat table for it, it would work very well.

Outsole is hand stitched.

I wish I could get my sole edge squared off a little better and I think I would lower the position of the toe bug a bit, but I guess it looks Ok where it is.

Next pair I'm going to try a piping side seam and maybe some stitch patterns for the tops.
11204.jpg

11205.jpg

11206.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rubo_g

#652 Post by rubo_g »

Hi all, want to show what people do using my services. Check out www.leatherfx.com. Can't find the "upload image" button here. Sorry. Hope you'll like it.
jkrichard
Full Name: Jeffrey K Richard

#653 Post by jkrichard »

Had my first experience with crepe...
I mixed a little traditional with a little crepe...and this is what I came up with:
11215.jpg

Whole-cut oxford in (Hardtke) French calf with asymmetric decorative brogue. Extended heel counter for additional ankle support.
11216.jpg

Leather insole with additional instep support, heel and metatarsal support.
Rubber midsole and crepe outsole, Cat’s paw wear surface.
Will need to figure out how to blend the crepe better.
11217.jpg

Norwegian welt, spinning stitch, double stitch-down construction with outer row additional spinning stitch as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
athan_chilton
Full Name: Athan Chilton

#654 Post by athan_chilton »

11219.jpg

These oxfords (as yet unfinished) represent the first time I've made a pattern via the Koleff method that hasn't been totally off-kilter once I started lasting. Even so, the lining seemed a bit larger than necessary, while the upper seemed a bit scant, and the tongues came out a bit shorter than I'm accustomed to. I sewed them w/my left foot on the pedal, as the right one's in a cast! Makes sewing a bit awkward, and despite various changes to the motor, the machine still runs a bit too fast for me.
sorrell
Full Name: Lisa Sorrell
Been Liked: 10 times

#655 Post by sorrell »

This is a pair of boots I just finished for Edna Mae Holden. She and R.W. Hampton won a Western Heritage award for the CD "Where the West Remains" and the boot is based on the album cover design, drawn by her husband Harold Holden.
11221.jpg
sorrell
Full Name: Lisa Sorrell
Been Liked: 10 times

#656 Post by sorrell »

These boots were commissioned by Howard Post, an artist and author of children's book "The Magic Boots." The boots are as close to the "magic boots" featured in the book as I could make them.
11223.jpg
jim_b

#657 Post by jim_b »

My newest pair:
Alligator from Georgia and French Calf from GH.
Except the system didn't prompt me to upload so I'm trying to figure out HOW to POST the PICTURE!
Help please....

(Message edited by Jim B on May 03, 2010)
romango

#658 Post by romango »

Jim,

Include the text

\image{my picture}

in your text
jim_b

#659 Post by jim_b »

\ image{my picture}

(Message edited by Jim B on May 03, 2010)
jim_b

#660 Post by jim_b »

11225.jpg
romango

#661 Post by romango »

Just finished these Chelsea shoes or Beatle boots.

Edelman Lux calf. Hardthe veg tan liner. Glue construction.
11227.jpg

11228.jpg

11229.jpg
johnl
Full Name: John Lewis

#662 Post by johnl »

Here they are, my first pair of boots, made by me with a lot of help and supervision. These things really made me appreciate what you guys know and go through. In my opinion, every one of you work too cheap!!!!!
Also got a chance to work with some equipment made by Dick Anderson. Good designs, and excellent craftsmanship. He is good.
John Lewis
11231.jpg
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies
Been Liked: 3 times

#663 Post by dearbone »

Here is V-cut in suede.
11235.jpg

Nasser Vies
HCC-member
jim_b

#664 Post by jim_b »

(Message edited by Jim B on May 11, 2010)
jim_b

#665 Post by jim_b »

Black Bull Hide, Turqouis Deer Skin and Faux Gator.
11237.jpg

(Message edited by Jim B on May 11, 2010)
paul
Full Name: Paul Krause
Been Liked: 14 times

#666 Post by paul »

Good Morning All,

Here is a recent completon.

Red and Turquoise Roo from Sheridan Leather.
(Seems to be the season for turquoise)
11241.jpg
11242.jpg
romango

#667 Post by romango »

Some new dance shoes. GN glazed buffalo and Waterhouse veg calf.
11244.jpg

happy customer
11245.jpg
dw
Seanchaidh
Full Name: DWFII
Has Liked: 204 times
Been Liked: 122 times

#668 Post by dw »

Here is the latest pair of shoes from my shop...

Edleman "Root Beer" vegetable calf, antiqued, five eighths inch heel on my new shoe last. Customer's design, fiddleback and beveled waist, whole cut liner. All edges folded.
11253.jpg

Maybe the best and clearest forepart I've ever done. On chestnut. Both, within reason, were identical.
11254.jpg

hand stitched outsole at 10-11 spi
11255.jpg

hand welted insole at 4spi heel seat hand stitched
11256.jpg

hand stitched tongue attached to whole cut liner.
11257.jpg

Tight Stitches
DWFII--HCC Member

(Message edited by dw on May 24, 2010)
dw
Seanchaidh
Full Name: DWFII
Has Liked: 204 times
Been Liked: 122 times

#669 Post by dw »

One more:
11261.jpg

Tight Stitches
DWFII--HCC Member
athan_chilton
Full Name: Athan Chilton

#670 Post by athan_chilton »

11263.jpg

These are my latest. Both are 'tests' for new lasts. Leather is not really right for the flats, & makes them look a bit clunky, but can't beat bison/deer for softness and workability. These two pair put me at a grand total of 10 prs of shoes made so far. The learning curve is still VERY steep!
lancepryor
Full Name: lance pryor

#671 Post by lancepryor »

Here is a pair of Balmoral boots I just finished. Made from Edelman calf in pitch brown. Hand sewn outsole at 10 spi.
11265.jpg

11266.jpg

11267.jpg

I need to figure out a better dying and staining method for my sole edges....
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies

#672 Post by dearbone »

Size 12 children last in kid leather.The little girl was so happy with the fitter,she asked me when am i going to finish the next shoe,so i think she will be pleased with this pair.
11272.jpg

Nasser Vies
HCC-Member
jon_g
Full Name: Jon Gray
Been Liked: 1 time

#673 Post by jon_g »

Hi everyone, I've been out of the forum for a while but life with a young family, and a busy spring down at the volunteer fire department have kept me tied up, happily. I do want to share one of my latest pairs with the group and ask for any advice, thoughts, or compliments Image that you might want to share.
11283.jpg
11284.jpg
11285.jpg

Hardke french calf uppers, my first time using it, very nice. Nice to work with, and nice to polish when the shoes are done.
dmcharg
Full Name: Duncan McHarg
Been Liked: 21 times

#674 Post by dmcharg »

G'day All,
Sorry I've been quiet of late.
Here's my latest pair. For a lady up in Queensland, Aust.

Veg. Kangaroo hide uppers and straps.Veg sole. Turnshoe construction, and all hand sewn by eye (scored a line, but didn't pre mark stitches), and lastless.
11317.jpg
11318.jpg
11319.jpg

Cheers
Duncan
courtney
Full Name: courtney schamach

#675 Post by courtney »

Finally finished my fourth pair!

I had my first time using a shank, first time making a thread, made my own welt, hand sewed the midsole, and since I am still figuring out how to use a sewing machine hand stitched the straps and closed by hand, which was kind of a hassle but I really like the way they look.

I had some challenges trying to figure out how to make something that does'nt fasten over my painfull hump on my instep, and also was told during the making I have a short leg, so unfortunatley I had to put a big ol' rocker sole on it.

Thanks so much for the advice on building up the sole!
11321.jpg
11322.jpg
11323.jpg
11324.jpg