The Gallery

This is a photo gallery for members of the forum. Here you can share photos of your latest work for members to view. Like an Art gallery, however, where the exhibits come and go, photos will be deleted on a regular basis to save room on the server. Beauty, like Art, is fleeting.
mmboots

Re: The Gallery

#601 Post by mmboots »

Ok I'll try this again

\ image {boots}

\ image {boots}

\ image {boots}
mmboots

#602 Post by mmboots »

Ok this is not working
10895.jpg

10896.jpg

10897.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
neuraleanus

#603 Post by neuraleanus »

Roman 1st Century Calceus, patterned after those found at Mainz, Germany and at Qasr Ibrim, Egypt:
10899.jpg

The hobnails:
10900.jpg

I have attempted to adhere to roman construction methods as much as I could. The soles, both the insole and the out-sole, are tunnel stitched to the upper and the inside back half of the boot is lined with wool flannel. Unlike a modern shoe there is no toe-box nor welt. The boot does have a tongue made from goat skin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies
Been Liked: 3 times

#604 Post by dearbone »

Here is a pair of jodhpurs in shrunken calf, whip stitched seat and Goodyear welted.
10905.jpg

Nasser vies
HCC-Member
dearbone

#605 Post by dearbone »

Here is the another jodhpurs in veg tan calf.
10907.jpg

Nasser
jkrichard
Full Name: Jeffrey K Richard

#606 Post by jkrichard »

My entry into "Club Chukka."
10911.jpg

3 eyelet Chukka in black patent leather with red stitching.
10912.jpg

Full welt on horsebutt, spinning stitch with reverse color spinning stitch on leather midsole.Welt made by hand, 7 strand waxed end.

Italian leather outsole shaped by a broken piece of glass and sandpaper, heel lift stacked by hand, full peg outsole construction. Experimented with method of staining and dyeing outsole--- we'll see how that works out...

Total time invested: 2 weeks.

While you may/may not be a fan of black pantent---those of you who know me well (enough), know how speedy I am...to take 2 weeks and devote to a single boot/shoe is an accomplishment in and of itself.
marcell

#607 Post by marcell »

I believe once I mentioned the 50 anniversary shoes, what the old masters made after 50 years in rthe trade. Now I could puit my hand to one.
What should i say. This could mean to a shoemaker the what a bishop would feel finding the Holy Grail. This shoe is just beautiful in every piece. 15 cm long, the upper is stitched sometimes 5 lines as close to each other as it is possible, with tiny/tiny little stitches. Perfect geometry, perfect symmerty, perfect stitching channel.
I found an old piece of newspaper - I believe they just placed inside later, anyway - that paper came from 1952, the darkest time of communism in Hungary. Here is the photo esaay about the process I op-ened that paper and about the shoe. I try to post more.

1947redhed
Full Name: Georgene Mckim
Been Liked: 1 time

#608 Post by 1947redhed »

Nasser, can you please post a picture of the buckle side of your Jodpurs?
Thanks
Georgene
1947redhed

#609 Post by 1947redhed »

Nasser, can you please post a side view picture of the buckle side of your Jodphurs?
Thanks
Georgene
dearbone

#610 Post by dearbone »

Georgene,Here is the outside of the boot where the buckles are fixed,hard to find good solid brass buckles,do you know of a good source?
10922.jpg

Nasser
1947redhed

#611 Post by 1947redhed »

Nasser and all,
Siegel of California has been running a great closeout on solid brass buckles originally made for Coach Handbags. Some great ones in both 3/4" and 1 inch sizes. Sign up for their email Friday special list. This is the link to the page but I don't know if it will work if you aren't signed up.
http://siegelofca.com/fridayspecial/SP060909/new13.htm
marcell

#612 Post by marcell »

10924.jpg
10925.jpg
10926.jpg
10927.jpg
10928.jpg
10929.jpg
10930.jpg

(wouldn't it be the high time to refresh this system? hmm?)
neuraleanus

#613 Post by neuraleanus »

I finally finished the left calceus. Here they are on my feet:
10933.jpg

I've created a site documenting the steps involved to make these:

Making Roman Calcei
tjburr
Full Name: Terry Burress
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 8 times

#614 Post by tjburr »

This is a pair of shoes I have been thinking about doing for awhile. I decided to finish these before the jodhpurs to give me some practice with my new sewing machine.
10935.jpg

10936.jpg

Terry
bootmkr
Full Name: Lonnie Smith

#615 Post by bootmkr »

Just finished these boots last week. The tops are horse hide and bottom are bull hide buthide was real soft.
bootmkr
Full Name: Lonnie Smith

#616 Post by bootmkr »

I screwed up.
These goes with my first post.

10938.jpg
ana_santana
Full Name: Ana Luisa Santana

#617 Post by ana_santana »

10942.jpg
10943.jpg
10944.jpg
romango
Full Name: Rick Roman
Been Liked: 8 times

#618 Post by romango »

Latest Oxfords from my little shop...
10961.jpg

10962.jpg
tia_brun
Full Name: Tia Simmons

#619 Post by tia_brun »

I apologize for the incorrect posts, gosh; I hope this works.

Ok, I'm finally brave enough to post a picture, yay! Here is a picture of the boots I made after 10 days of INTENSE training with Marcell in Hungary. Not bad, huh? Thanks to the Koronya staff for all of their patience and wonderful training!
P.S. I also posted a shoe that I made before Marcell's training, uggghImage
10987.jpg
10988.jpg
10989.jpg
10990.jpg
10991.jpg
10992.jpg
dearbone

#620 Post by dearbone »

Here is single strap jodhpurs in veg tan kip,whip stitched seat and 10spi on welt.
10998.jpg

Nasser Vies
HCC-Member
jkrichard

#621 Post by jkrichard »

11000.jpg

Cowboy work boot. Brown bull hide, green calf tops. Full storm welt. 4 rows of top stitching. Leather midsole with heat formed synthetic outsole.
11001.jpg

Chukkas in burgundy French calf (from Hardtke). handmade horsebutt welt, leather midsole, heat formed synthetic outsole.
11002.jpg

Jodphurs in progress.
Have a good weekend, all.

-Jeff
Member, HCC
dearbone

#622 Post by dearbone »

I made a small mistake on these two straps jodhpurs,no one possibly will see it,but i know it is there,So they are made for their maker.BTW,I wouldn't burden you with more Jodhpurs for a while.
11007.jpg

Nasser Vies
HCC-Member
marcell

#623 Post by marcell »

After so much silence a wholecut. Aniline dyed leather - a real challenge to keep clean and untouched by the so many tools we use - pliers, awls, hammer, etc.. Square shank, very light fiddleback as my customer wanted. I believe bevelled waist wouldn't have been a good choice anyway. If you are interested I will post a photo about the antiqued result soon.
11013.jpg
11014.jpg
jkrichard

#624 Post by jkrichard »

Joining in on the jodhopper madness (I think we *should* have a 'boot of the month "challenge&#34Image...
11019.jpg

Jodhpur ankle boot, built on boot last (usually built on shoe last form, but I used a boot last to get the toe spring/heel height). Hardtke shrunken bull hide (Azteca), heavily antiqued and burnished. Handmade horse butt welt. Leather toe box. 1 3/4" Cuban heel.
11020.jpg

Horse butt ‘belt’, brass buckle. A bit of a ‘throwback’ enclosure on a throwback boot.
holly
Full Name: Holly Embree

#625 Post by holly »

These ladies are very thin pigskin, backed with muslin. The insoles, soles and heels were all premade. To make a long story short, I had no business attempting a project of this complexity. Lots of problems in the process, lots of problems in the finished product. The tension and the toplines are all wrong. However, I am encouraged, because the "shoes" on my workbench look a lot like the shoes I saw in my head when I started.

Any feedback is appreciated. I am especially curious if this leather is inappropriate for shoes as a rule, of if it is merely inappropriate for my experience...?
11022.jpg