The Gallery

This is a photo gallery for members of the forum. Here you can share photos of your latest work for members to view. Like an Art gallery, however, where the exhibits come and go, photos will be deleted on a regular basis to save room on the server. Beauty, like Art, is fleeting.
ana_santana
Full Name: Ana Luisa Santana

Re: The Gallery

#576 Post by ana_santana »

Bringing sexy back! Image

ana_santana
Full Name: Ana Luisa Santana

#577 Post by ana_santana »

Bringing sexy back! Image
10664.jpg
10665.jpg
10666.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
valeriy
Full Name: Valeriy Mahmutov
Been Liked: 1 time

#578 Post by valeriy »

(Message edited by Valeriy on December 24, 2009)
valeriy

#579 Post by valeriy »

The front part of my riding boots, sewn tachnym ichizhnym (Kazan) shvom.Vruchnuyu using muline.A leather heel lining leather sewn on top.
10679.jpg
10680.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
valeriy

#580 Post by valeriy »

Here is another photo.
10682.jpg
valeriy

#581 Post by valeriy »

I have all vopros.Pochemu you in the west riding boots, even on demand, are sewn so that the front part of the leather upper is sewn over the tops, rather than butt? "In Russia, so they made tarpaulin boots for soldat.A for generals and marshals in the butt, tachnym seam.
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies
Been Liked: 3 times

#582 Post by dearbone »

Here is a pair of casual short boots made to customer specifications.
10688.jpg

Nasser vies
HCC-Member
neka_bennett

#583 Post by neka_bennett »

Here are a few pairs of shoes I've made. I've only made one pair for someone, otherwise they're all practice.
10704.jpg

10705.jpg

10706.jpg
tia_brun
Full Name: Tia Simmons

#584 Post by tia_brun »

Neka,

Nice boots especially the black ones! TImage
kieran_ionescu
Full Name: Kieran Ionescu

#585 Post by kieran_ionescu »

Some boots I made for a friend of mines wife. I can't really claim the design on this one, she was very specific, so I just did my best to execute.

The upper is the Edalman(sp?) Luxe Calf that DW and Roman put me up on. I have to say it was nice leather but the auction claimed that it retailed for something like 15 dollars a square and had I ordered it for that as opposed to the 2 or 3 they were selling it for I might have been a little disappointed. All in all, nice leather though. I might try and get some more, the place that retails it is in NC.

(Message edited by kieran ionescu on December 28, 2009)
kieran_ionescu

#586 Post by kieran_ionescu »

10715.jpg
mmboots

#587 Post by mmboots »

Here's my frist try at making a chukka boot. This pair was made for my wife to wear in the winter, They are made from a very heavy bull hide, with a leather sole. I modified the last giving the boot extra depth so a cushion insole could be used it the boot. I need to give a big thanks to DW and his wife for their help. They gave me a lot of good tips and help to get me going.

Mike
10721.jpg
marcell

#588 Post by marcell »

Here is a special shoe. I created it with my friend and collague: Craig Corvin. It is blake stitch construction a very special type of it: there is no full insole, so this shoe is really very lightweight and I can tell: no other technique is similar to it.
10730.jpg
10731.jpg
10732.jpg
marcell

#589 Post by marcell »

A slip on shoe for an American customer. French boxcalf (you don't want to maker a long toe from a stiff material like this), JR sole and heel, English welt.
10742.jpg

ps.: who wants to see a tutorial about sole stitching channels? Hands up! Image
dmcharg
Full Name: Duncan McHarg
Been Liked: 21 times

#590 Post by dmcharg »

A pair of shoes I'm making for our 5yo daughter.

Afraid the pics. were taken with a web cam (all we got).

Kangaroo uppers, 1mm cow hide external heel counter. Hand sewn, lastless construction. Hope they'll be finished later this week.

Cheers and Happy New Year

Duncan
dmcharg

#591 Post by dmcharg »

A pair of shoes I'm making for our 5yo daughter.

Afraid the pics. were taken with a web cam (all we got).

Kangaroo uppers, 1mm cow hide external heel counter. Hand sewn, lastless construction. Hope they'll be finished later this week.
10776.jpg

10777.jpg

10778.jpg

10779.jpg

Cheers and Happy New Year

Duncan, HCC member
sorrell
Full Name: Lisa Sorrell
Been Liked: 10 times

#592 Post by sorrell »

Just before Christmas I had a shoemaking class with my daughter and one of her friends. The class was 2 1/2 days and the girls finished with a pair of shoes that they made themselves.
10785.jpg
10786.jpg
sorrell
Full Name: Lisa Sorrell
Been Liked: 10 times

#593 Post by sorrell »

This is my first attempt at making a shoe. It's a man's dress shoe made on a cowboy boot last. They're for Dale, of course. He spent New Year's weekend building new last shelves for me and helping me move all of my lasts.
10788.jpg
jkrichard
Full Name: Jeffrey K Richard

#594 Post by jkrichard »

Proof that the world has gone upside-down: Lisa's making shoes, and I just finished my first triad...kind of...

Construction and Style Mash-up!
10790.jpg

3-piece boot made of Hardtke French calf, black bullhide. 3/4 welt with horse butt heel rand. Spanish style tops.
10791.jpg

Since it was a combination of boot construction styles, I went with a modified mini-Cuban heel.
10792.jpg

Single-row stitching of Chinese dragon, scales done with mules foot impressions.
These are off to the Netherlands once I thaw out here.

-Jeff
Member, The HCC
romango
Full Name: Rick Roman
Been Liked: 8 times

#595 Post by romango »

D.W. and Lisa are making shoes! OK, that tears it! Guess I'll have to make cowboy boots. Image

Here is my first pair of Dress Wellingtons. The uppers were made "by the book". That would be "Western Bootmaking:An American Tradition" by D.W. Frommer.

I used the golf shoe French calf from Lewis Sales. Perhaps an odd choice but, I honestly did not expect them to come out as well as they did. I thought these would end up being throw aways.

The look is not too bad after all. I guess you can say these are "golf cowboy boots".
10859.jpg

As I don't have a straight needle stitcher, I did the side seems by hand, using a pegging awl and inseaming thread. It's a little time consuming but totally doable.
10860.jpg

Fiddle back bottoms:
10861.jpg

Those of you following my progress have heard me whine incessantly about how my outsole stitches look. Well, I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. A square awl makes a big difference.
10862.jpg

Tonto, hand me my nine iron! Hi ho Silver, FORE!
dmcharg

#596 Post by dmcharg »

G’day All,
5year old Sion’s shoes are finished, and she’s thrilled with them; always a nice result Image . Your own family can be the bluntest of critics, which also means that you get the best feedback for improving the next pair.

10884.jpg

Approx. 3/8" heel

10885.jpg

These have an exposed shank. It’s an idea I’m toying with for turn shoe style footwear, if I want to put a heel on, where there isn’t a separate insole. Sion’s shoes do have an insole and sole, but I thought I’d try out the idea anyway. Kids are great crash testers. The shank, which is integral with the first lift of the heel, was first bonded to the sole, then pegged. As the edge of the shank is quite thin, before driving each peg into it’s hole, I dipped the point into contact adhesive. This completely coated the peg and the excess was easily wiped off with a chunk of crepe rubber.

10886.jpg

10887.jpg

Cheers
Duncan
kieran_ionescu

#597 Post by kieran_ionescu »

Roughed out Hardtke calf-skin boot. Spinning goiser stitch construction. I used some Belgian, chestnut-tanned soling leather from Keystone, that I thought was pretty nice to work with. They are for a Farmer friend of mine.

Respectfully,
Kieran

kieran_ionescu

#598 Post by kieran_ionescu »

kieran_ionescu

#599 Post by kieran_ionescu »

10891.jpg

Third times a charm....
mmboots

#600 Post by mmboots »

Hi All,

I wanted to post my last couple pairs of boots that I just finished at the shop. The first is a mens lace up dress boot made from french calf with a 1 3/8 inch heel with a round toe. The last came from Georgene which had a square toe to start with. The second is a Chukka boot made from brown burnish buffalo, the last is an old Jones& Vining shoe last which I modified alot.

Mike

\image {boots}

\image {boots}

\image {boots}