The Gallery

This is a photo gallery for members of the forum. Here you can share photos of your latest work for members to view. Like an Art gallery, however, where the exhibits come and go, photos will be deleted on a regular basis to save room on the server. Beauty, like Art, is fleeting.
marcell

Re: The Gallery

#526 Post by marcell »

10266.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ana_santana
Full Name: Ana Luisa Santana

#527 Post by ana_santana »

Victory!

Well, look what the cat dragged in!
Just a flat shoe I've finished. [img]http://www.thehcc.org/forum/images/old_smilies/proud.gif"%20ALT=":O[/img]
I have so much to learn, I wish I had started shoemaking before...
10270.jpg

(Message edited by admin on October 25, 2009)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marcell

#528 Post by marcell »

10275.jpg
jkrichard
Full Name: Jeffrey K Richard

#529 Post by jkrichard »

Well, well, someone has to post after Marcell's beautiful shoes...
10277.jpg
10278.jpg

3/4 welt, burnished French calf w chocolate ostrich leftovers. Mmmm leftovers!

This will be the last slip-on for a while, I have some oxfords and derbies (derbys?) to bring to the table.
jkrichard

#530 Post by jkrichard »

Round II!
10333.jpg
10334.jpg

Men's whole cut, three eyed, square toed oxford. Full welt.

Built for a fellow student in exchange for an honest assessment of fit.

A good lesson in leather choice: the leather chosen was too thick, too waxy, and had no stretch.
marcell

#531 Post by marcell »

My September-October student: Seiji's work.
10337.jpg
10338.jpg
athan_chilton
Full Name: Athan Chilton

#532 Post by athan_chilton »

10345.jpg

Thanks to Paul Opperman's written and verbal (and oh so very patient) instructions, as well as his initial taping of my foot, I have produced a pattern and a fitter for my first try at a 'Ren Faire' type turned shoe. Long before I ever dreamed of making 'real' shoes, I worked in Bald Mtn's Ohio Faire booth two different times & longed to learn to make these. Just one more step in the long road of learning more & more about footwear!
paul
Full Name: Paul Krause
Been Liked: 14 times

#533 Post by paul »

I started these for myself about 6 years ago.
10369.jpg
10370.jpg

The leather is some Bison I retained after a deal fell through. Very stretchy. I'm told it may stretch forever. But I used it for the experience with the leather and a pattern test of the Chelsea boot.
10371.jpg

It is stitched in the manner Nasser has shown us before, which is the same method as White's Outdoor boots of Spokane, Washington are stitched.
10372.jpg

I got them done for the AGM, and was looking forward to showing them for feedback, but alas...
But I'd be glad for any this is offered now.

Thank you,
Paul
marcell

#534 Post by marcell »

Practically a wholecut, only with a V shaped toe breaks the rule - my customer's request. French boxcalf, bespoke last, English welt, fiddleback.
10376.jpg
10377.jpg
ana_santana
Full Name: Ana Luisa Santana

#535 Post by ana_santana »

I manage to put them on the right size this time... Or not, let's see! Image
10390.jpg
10391.jpg
athan_chilton
Full Name: Athan Chilton

#536 Post by athan_chilton »

10411.jpg

This enormous (22x13 or so) bag was a recent commission for me, and kind of outside my prior experience. The customer brought me a leather coat he wanted me to 'recycle' into a big travel bag. Broad gusset, interior divider, canvas lining--almost all new stuff for me. Whew! Glad he liked it when he came to make his first-of-three payments!
Now I can get back to those mocs...and about a million shoe-related questions...!
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies
Been Liked: 3 times

#537 Post by dearbone »

Here is a pair recently made,the leather is shrunken calf as i was told.
10413.jpg

Nasser Vies
HCC-Member
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies
Been Liked: 3 times

#538 Post by dearbone »

Here is the buttons boot,the 3rd 4th and 5th buttons from the bottom are not sewn to the boot yet,waiting to mark their location when the foot is in them.
10415.jpg

Nasser Vies
HCC- Member
marcell

#539 Post by marcell »

French boxcalf, English welted, 12 spi. Own last design.
10419.jpg
10420.jpg
jkrichard

#540 Post by jkrichard »

If Elvis were a country gentleman...
10433.jpg
10434.jpg
10435.jpg

I'm calling this a 'country oxford' as the leather and construction choices lends it to be more of a casual shoe...

This shoe marks a couple of 'firsts':
First storm welt.
First time on Redenbach soles ( I personally like the smell...)
First time attempting to hand sew the outsoles with a square awl --- I started in at a hefty 16 spi---only to back out and defer to the curve needle for times sake.

I have several shoes coming down the pipeline that I will return to the square awl with...

My bottom finishing on the JR soles turned out a little differently than I had expected --- I have some more of those soles about and will address that finishing issue.

These were made for my instructor, Mr. Mike Dewitt. I figured if I wanted an opinion of how I was doing on fitting others I should get it from someone who has worn custom cowboy boots for the last 20+ years.

...and importantly... Mr. Mike likes the fit thus far. The only issue was a bit of heel slide/slop that began to subside as the ball area of the JR soles were worked.

A fun shoe. Elvis would be envious.
dmcharg
Full Name: Duncan McHarg
Been Liked: 21 times

#541 Post by dmcharg »

For our eldest daughter.
Kangaroo.
Cheers
Duncan
10437.jpg
10438.jpg
jkrichard

#542 Post by jkrichard »

10440.jpg
10441.jpg
10442.jpg

Fresh off the lasts! Men's oxford with brogued toe cap. Hardtke French calf...in fact, Hardtke everything on this one except the welt.

Made for a 6'6" man who wears 13-14 US (45 Euro --- or thereabouts).

Some issues with maintaining the roundness of the brogueing while lasting.
dmcharg

#543 Post by dmcharg »

Sorry about my very brief last entry. I do this at the library and the system shuts down at the end of your allotted time. I had typed it all in, checked haw to do the image file and all my text was gone. with 3mins. to go I bunged in a new one and miss-cued one of the pics.
This is the other one that was meant to be there Image
/image{erin's shoe}
dmcharg

#544 Post by dmcharg »

Hmmm. Take 2

10448.jpg

Cheers
Duncan
luckyduck

#545 Post by luckyduck »

A couple of things by request, neither very fancy. The mocs are my wife's. She wanted "Mocs from that light leather with some stitching that makes me think of western boots." I used these to take pictures for a little booklet I'm doing on how to make this style.

The sandals are for a lady who wanted a re-creation of some old ones she got at a rennaisance faire years ago. These got added poron foam and arch support, plus eyelets.
10469.jpg

10470.jpg

10471.jpg
valeriy
Full Name: Valeriy Mahmutov
Been Liked: 1 time

#546 Post by valeriy »

Boots for riding are made-to-order to an individual measure, manually without use of sewing machines by a counter seam.
10496.jpg
10497.jpg
10498.jpg

Length of boot 163 sm.
10499.jpg
10500.jpg

Children's boots for riding
10501.jpg

It I
10502.jpg
bootmkr
Full Name: Lonnie Smith

#547 Post by bootmkr »

Here my latest.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Lonnie%20Smith/My%20Documents/100_0493.jpg
qiana_markham
Full Name: Qiana Markham

#548 Post by qiana_markham »

My version of the Trujillos Brothers boot.
There are more pictures available at my site. QianaMarkham.com
10509.jpg

10510.jpg
marcell

#549 Post by marcell »

I have some student from a local University teaching some basic leathercraft. They come to me to extend their knowledge with some practical stuff and make shoes. Here is an example.

10513.jpg

(Message edited by Marcell on November 30, 2009)
marcell

#550 Post by marcell »

And an other picture:
10515.jpg