The Gallery

This is a photo gallery for members of the forum. Here you can share photos of your latest work for members to view. Like an Art gallery, however, where the exhibits come and go, photos will be deleted on a regular basis to save room on the server. Beauty, like Art, is fleeting.
marcell

Re: The Gallery

#476 Post by marcell »

Crust leather before and after..
9892.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
romango
Full Name: Rick Roman
Been Liked: 8 times

#477 Post by romango »

Here are a pair of straight up Oxfords. The leather is GH French calf. I'm pleased with the overall "fair curves" of the sole shape. My bottom channel is closed quite well (for a change).

I'm still not getting nice billowy outsole stitches as I'd like but they are adequate.

I forgot to thin the welt, through the shank area, before attaching the sole so my beveled waist is not up to snuff (can't see it here). At least I know what I did wrong.

My skive at the toe cap is showing a shadow. How embarrassing. Image

Still.... a nice pair of shoes.
9902.jpg

9903.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies
Been Liked: 3 times

#478 Post by dearbone »

Here is another oxford for you this week,the customer choose the style,i am not pleased with them,i think the vamp would have looked better not folded.
9905.jpg

Nasser Vies
HCC- Member
holly
Full Name: Holly Embree

#479 Post by holly »

Finally, I made my first unassisted pair of shoes! They're 7 oz. latigo. Lots of problems, (bad closing, horrible topline, poor symmetry, etc.) but I did some decent work in a few places, and they turned out way more presentable than I was expecting.

I am hoping that you fine people can advise me on how to color the edges. All I know how to do is dye them a solid color, and I don't think that will look right.

Also, I'd love to know what I did, or didn't do, that made the ankles wrinkly.

All feedback/criticism is greatly appreciated. Shameless flattery is OK too. Image

Thanks!
Holly
9909.jpg

(Message edited by holly on August 06, 2009)
bill_harris
Full Name: William O. Harris

#480 Post by bill_harris »

Another amateur reporting in. The top leather is 4 ounce belting. The edge finish is lightly burnished carnuba paste wax. With a power burnisher the color could be made to approach a mahogany.

\image {c:/Documents and Settings/Bill/My Documents/My Pictures/IMG_0219_(640 x 480).jpg}

\image {c:/Documents and Settings/Bill/My Documents/My Pictures/IMG_0220_(640 x 480).jpg}

Bill
bill_harris
Full Name: William O. Harris

#481 Post by bill_harris »

Trying to post adding a couple more underscores.

Bill
9914.jpg

9915.jpg
ana_santana
Full Name: Ana Luisa Santana

#482 Post by ana_santana »

My new shoe, a beige round toe pump. I hope you like it. Unfortunately I forgot to put the cardboard inside the sole before lasting, I had to add it later. I think it looks nice. So, be aware, I intend to do it again! Image

(Message edited by Ana Santana on August 09, 2009)
ana_santana

#483 Post by ana_santana »

I have no shame to admit I have problems formatting things. I'm sorry...

(Message edited by Ana Santana on August 09, 2009)
ana_santana

#484 Post by ana_santana »

(sigh)
9921.jpg
marcell

#485 Post by marcell »

Finally a pair of shoe for myself. This not so often happens with us, shoemakers doesn't it?
9923.jpg
9924.jpg
dearbone

#486 Post by dearbone »

Here is an order i just finished,not the usual order,at least in recent years.The fellow has few more drawings/illustrations to be made in shoes and ankle boots.

Nasser
dearbone

#487 Post by dearbone »

My computer doesn't like to upload pictures today!
9931.jpg
athan_chilton
Full Name: Athan Chilton

#488 Post by athan_chilton »

9936.jpg

These are the shoes I made last week in Marcell Mrsan's class. The uppers were already made for us; we all used the same size last. First experience lasting w/nails & tacks rather than cement! Next I hope to do men's shoes/welting/goyser stitch, etc.
marcell

#489 Post by marcell »

And some more... Can you find yourself Athan? Image

Edit: this photo is too big. 640x480 please!

Emmett

(Message edited by admin on August 26, 2009)
jkrichard
Full Name: Jeffrey K Richard

#490 Post by jkrichard »

9941.jpg
9942.jpg

Finished the Gecko en Fuego pull-ons for my wife. I used an (overly) tough and rigid mid-sole which was her only complain. I told her to run laps until they break in. I'm in trouble.

These turned out to be fun shoes, on an afterthought I should have used a welt construction (vice pegs) and maybe taken the shoe a little more seriously and cautiously from the start. Still... a fun and funky little kicker.
kieran_ionescu
Full Name: Kieran Ionescu
Been Liked: 1 time

#491 Post by kieran_ionescu »

Some work boots. Super wide last.
9944.jpg
dearbone

#492 Post by dearbone »

A pair of of shoes for your humble servant,the leather is an odd, last skin and i paid $2.00 a foot for a 25 ft skin,it turned out to be worthy of the price and more.
9947.jpg

Nasser Vies
HCC-Member
paul
Full Name: Paul Krause
Been Liked: 14 times

#493 Post by paul »

Here are couple of recent completions from my bench.
9949.jpg

9950.jpg

The "Garden Boots" are Sheridan Roo.
There were about 120 individual pieces, parts and components in this pair. (Doesn't that just blow you mind when you think about it?)
This was my first attempt at the "shadow band" at the collar and vamps lines. A pretty good challenge.

The lacers are dark brown softee water buffalo. This color is perfect for it's texture, it always looks so good to me. And I love the comments of those who see it up close.
I have laces coming for them, but I wanted to share the pics while I was sittin' here.

Enjoy,
Paul
lancepryor
Full Name: lance pryor

#494 Post by lancepryor »

Here is my latest pair of shoes. Made on the bespoke chisel toe last from T. Moore, this is a copy of Edward Green's Dover, a split toe derby with a hand-sewn toe seam (round closed) and apron seam (split and lift?). I sewed these seams with boar's bristles. Lots of areas for improvement, but I think they're wearable nonetheless. Outsole hand-sewn at 10 SPI.
9961.jpg
9962.jpg
9963.jpg
marcell

#495 Post by marcell »

Finally I arrived back to Budapest and resized my photos. Look at these happy feet! The all finished the shoes which made me very happy

9973.jpg
9974.jpg
jkrichard
Full Name: Jeffrey K Richard

#496 Post by jkrichard »

How to get an 'F' in bootmaking school:
9976.jpg

1st, grab a boot last...
2nd, fake everyone out by claiming to make a mule
9977.jpg

3rd, rework the pattern for an open toe and open side. Image
marc
Full Name: Marc Carlson
Been Liked: 2 times

#497 Post by marc »

I want to be clear, these aren't mine.
9979.jpg

Last year after the AGM, I stopped off at the Green Country Technology Center in Okmulgee, Oklahoma. They have a boot and saddle program there that used to be part of OSU-Okmulgee. While I was there, I managed to commission this pair of boots. They were finished recently, and I just picked them up this week.

These were made by a young man named Jerad Carmichael, and are a very good interpretation of some historical pieces at the Western Heritage Museum (formerly the Cowboy Hall of Fame). I am very happy with them.

And yes, since I'm going to get asked, I do have the technical knowledge to have made them myself, but honestly, between work, and well, work, and all the projects I have backed up, it will be quite some time before I even get close.

Besides - sometimes, it's nice to do something for yourself.
mmboots

#498 Post by mmboots »

I know that I haven't posted any work for awhile from my shop, But I have been busy here are a few pair of boots. The first is a heavy oiled bull hide hunting boot with a leather heel. The second is a work/fire boot. The next is a 14" cowboy boot with a bull hide vamp and water buffalo tops. The last one is a ladies boot with a cow hide blue top and black water buffalo vamp square toe, with purple top and side bead.
9983.jpg

9984.jpg

9985.jpg

9986.jpg
romango
Full Name: Rick Roman
Been Liked: 8 times

#499 Post by romango »

Just finished these 3 eyelet derbys. They are a reprise of a style I made once before. Much better this time!

GN burnishable calf, airbrush darkened at toe.
9988.jpg

9989.jpg
jon_g
Full Name: Jon Gray
Been Liked: 1 time

#500 Post by jon_g »

I haven't posted anything in a long while, summer finally arrived in this part of Canada and I took full advantage. Here's something recent and I would love some constructive critisism from anyone with something to say.

Jon
9991.jpg