The Gallery

This is a photo gallery for members of the forum. Here you can share photos of your latest work for members to view. Like an Art gallery, however, where the exhibits come and go, photos will be deleted on a regular basis to save room on the server. Beauty, like Art, is fleeting.
j_johansen
Full Name: J Johansen
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: The Gallery

#401 Post by j_johansen »

(Message edited by j johansen on April 02, 2009)
j_johansen
Full Name: J Johansen

#402 Post by j_johansen »

I just finished these today. The tops are veg tanned kangaroo, a hide I just love the feel and color of.
Nasser, this is the stitch pattern I was talking about.
9071.jpg

Cheers, J.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jon_g
Full Name: Jon Gray
Been Liked: 1 time

#403 Post by jon_g »

Here is my first attempt at a whole cut upper and a traditional welt. I felt both went fairly well. I would like some advice for finishing edges and bottoms of soles. I just can't get that glass like appearance. Really I'd appreciate any feedback to improve my work.

Jon

9073.jpg
9074.jpg

(Message edited by jon_g on April 04, 2009)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
big_larry
Full Name: Larry A. Peterson

#404 Post by big_larry »

This is a picture of three pair of boots that started out as one. The grandmother brought her 19 year old grand daughter in to be measured for a pair of red boots. She also brought in a 9 year old grand daughter whe immediatly got the "I want itis" and grand ma' got weak and ordered her a pair. Then grandma' got weak and ordered herself a pair. I did not even have to imply that she loved one more than the other. From now on I am going to invite the whole family for measuring and fitting!
9082.jpg
ana_santana
Full Name: Ana Luisa Santana

#405 Post by ana_santana »

Hi!!
These are my new shoes, a red full brogue with english stitch I have been working on. They are a bit girly but thats the idea. Astonishing!!!
And oh, please, don't dribble on them... Thanks!
9084.jpg
luckyduck

#406 Post by luckyduck »

Here is a pair of hiking boots for my sweety.

Red Bullhide, pig lining, semi-stitch down with lining cemented to insole and outer stitched down. (First pair on the 12K. Yikes!) Also first pair stitched with new Artisan 5110 machine. Vibram 100 soles.
9086.jpg

Paul
kieran_ionescu
Full Name: Kieran Ionescu

#407 Post by kieran_ionescu »

Final pair from the Koronya Workshop. English Stitch. Back to the States... Maybe I will get to spend time with some of you American Makers...?
kieran_ionescu
Full Name: Kieran Ionescu

#408 Post by kieran_ionescu »

Ooops. Here's the pic.
9091.jpg
mmboots

#409 Post by mmboots »

Hi All,

Just finished my first pair of shoes using the tape forme method talked about in The Pattern Cutter's Hand Book. This is a oxford style shoe made from burgundy glazed water buffalo with a 5/8 heel, also I used wooden pegs for the heel seat and to attach the heel. I need to give DW a big thank you for is advice on this shoe.

Mike
9095.jpg
corvin
Full Name: Craig Corvin

#410 Post by corvin »

9097.jpg

Just finished these today in the Koronya workshop in Budapest.

I and the shoes owe a great debt of gratitude to Marcell for generously sharing the technical knowledge with me to make these shoes a possibility!
dw
Seanchaidh
Full Name: DWFII
Has Liked: 204 times
Been Liked: 122 times

#411 Post by dw »

I just finished these whole cut oxfords. I am not entirely happy with them although they fit really well. I had a piece of black French calf that I did not care for--the finish was a little too glossy and suspect. But I was trying to hone my skills at doing a fiddleback waist. I feel pretty good about that aspect...getting close to "OK for government work" at any rate.

The photos are not great...trying to work with aperture settings...but this first one shows the two together.

This shoe was built on a West End last from the 1930's.
9448.jpg

Here's a side view focusing on the waist and the thinness of it.
9449.jpg

And here's a shot of the bottom...bottom finishing is still (and probably always will be) my biggest weakness. But this is approaching what I want to see. The "fiddleback" is nicely prominent.
9450.jpg

C,C&C welcome (critique, comment and compliments)

Tight Stitches
DWFII--HCC Member
shane
Full Name: shane deeter

#412 Post by shane »

Hey gang. Here is one of my latest creations.
9452.jpg
marcell

#413 Post by marcell »

Hi,

This are the 2 last shoes from my workshop.

9454.jpg

9456.jpg

For a few weeks I won't post anything as I will be in New York to keep a ********** for some **********. If someone wants to see me - I would be glad.

Actually very recently I had Rick Roman and Craig Corvin in my workhop as *********s, so I hope they will post some of their work soon.

(Message edited by Marcell on April 26, 2009)
sorrell
Full Name: Lisa Sorrell
Been Liked: 10 times

#414 Post by sorrell »

Carving and lacing by Howard Knight, Rocking K Leather, silver by Rob Schaezlein, buckle by Clint Orms, alligator from Mark Staton.
9459.jpg
sorrell

#415 Post by sorrell »

These were designed from a photo brought to me by the customer. It's not something I would ever have designed on my own, but I find it can be a learning and growing process to make boots that don't spring from my own vision.

The navy body of the boot is Australian tanned kangaroo from Hardtke. That leather crimps and lasts like a dream!
9461.jpg
sorrell

#416 Post by sorrell »

This pair of Headdress boots were made for the owner of the original headdress that inspired my design. The tops are Italian tanned kangaroo from Hardtke and the foot is Gold matte finish alligator from Mark Staton.
9463.jpg
ana_santana
Full Name: Ana Luisa Santana

#417 Post by ana_santana »

9465.jpg

You don't have to be brave to wear these shoes.

But you have to be brave to MAKE them under Marcell's sight...

(Message edited by Ana Santana on April 28, 2009)

(Message edited by Ana Santana on April 28, 2009)
romango
Full Name: Rick Roman
Been Liked: 8 times

#418 Post by romango »

Here are my latest shoes. 3/4 of the work was done under Marcell's watchful eye at the Koronya workshop were I learned the spinning stitch employed here.

The upper is French calf and was made by Erika, one of the upper makers at Koronya. The shoe is very large.. size 13+ U.S. and was built to accommodate an orthopedic insert.

The welt is stitched to a midsole and the sole is glued only, followed by a thin Vibram tap, at the customer's request, so he won't make a lot of noise walking in church. Which I thought was an novel reason, anyway.
9467.jpg

9468.jpg
corvin
Full Name: Craig Corvin

#419 Post by corvin »

Here are the shoes that were in the background of the photo of Marcell's latest pair.
9470.jpg

English welt construction with a fiddleback waist. Here's a photo of the bottoms, which are completely meant to be over the top. While shoemaking is taken as serious business, there's still room from some fun in the Koronya workshop!
9471.jpg

Many thanks to Marcell for the technical information that made construction of these possible!
marcell

#420 Post by marcell »

A happy customer. This is one of my oldest customer, ordering many diferent styles - only one thing is the same: red felt around the tongue. (and only this time metal toe plate)

(and yes: the laces are intentionally opened. Not my style, but as customer wants...)
9473.jpg

This time he wanted to have something more.. this. And he loved it.
9474.jpg

Sorry for the quality, I didn't have chance to make better photo - as soon it got ready (actually a bit sooner) he arrived.

(Message edited by marcell on April 28, 2009)

(Message edited by marcell on April 28, 2009)
shane
Full Name: shane deeter

#421 Post by shane »

To all, here is another pair heading out the door today.
9484.jpg
, Shane
donrwalker
Full Name: Donald Ross Walker

#422 Post by donrwalker »

While I'm in gear for posting pictures, I thought I'd Show you the sandles I made for my piano teacher.
here is a picture
9493.jpg
9494.jpg

Don
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies
Been Liked: 3 times

#423 Post by dearbone »

Here is first pair i am making for the customer with hammer toes,the last had been added to accommodate for the toes and on the left foot for the overlapped second toe and also the bunions,the size is 12 and the leather is kid with cow lining, the customer choose the leather and design.
9501.jpg

Nasser
artzend
Full Name: Tim Skyrme

#424 Post by artzend »

Nasser

This is my old-timey sign. A friend decided I needed a sign when I opened my shop and I just told him to go for it. When he came back he had this sign. I hung it up at the top of a stairway as my shop was downstairs and around a corner and from the first day it brought a stream of customers and lookers.
9505.jpg
My old-timey sign

Tim
athan_chilton
Full Name: Athan Chilton

#425 Post by athan_chilton »

I've finally figured out how to post a photo!

I just attended Alan Zerobnick's ShoeSchool in March, came home & started trying it on my own. These boots, made w/buffalo (gold) and moose (backstay) are my 3rd pr of footwear since school, and my first attempt at: cutting down a pattern from a larger size, and making a bellows tongue, which I had not yet encountered. I have EVERYTHING still to learn...but I sure am enjoying the process!!
9516.jpg