Pattern making

Share secrets, compare techniques, discuss the merits of materials--eg. veg vs. chrome--and above all, seek knowledge.
ansesi
Full Name: anna sempere

Re: Pattern making

#1351 Post by ansesi » Sat May 02, 2015 10:54 am

Hi dw,

Can you please send me the pdf?. I am new in the forum and I cannot sent private messages, or I couldn't find how to. Find my dropbox details in the below quote.

Thanks in advance and happy shoemaking!

JJ
ansesi » Fri May 01, 2015 4:13 am wrote:Hi there,

Do you still have the pdf of the Patrick's book?. I am shoemaker in Barcelona and would like to have it. Perhaps you can put it on the dropbox cloud and share it with me. My dropbox user is jlopezlietor@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

JJ[

quote="vonallentx » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:15 pm"]I have a scan of the Patrick book. It's hi-res, pdf format. About 10.5 MB when zipped. If anyone is interested, let me know.
[/quote]

dub
Full Name: John Deyali

#1352 Post by dub » Tue May 19, 2015 7:02 am

I want to use the neat software Romango made for generating patterns with the Koleff method, http://www.romangoshoes.com/shoeweb/home.do.

I already have the Koleff Last Designing Manual, for making wooden lasts based on foot measurments.

However, there is also the Koleff Shoe and Boot Designing Manual, for making patterns from lasts.

Can I use the Tim Skyrme book instead, if I want to use the Romango software? I read Skyrme learned from Koleff, is his patterning method the same, the "geometric method"?

The Skyrme's book seems like the better book if I can only afford one.

I'm sure I should rather get both books, but I'm poor, so I have to pinch every penny.

hidesmith
Full Name: Bruce Graham

#1353 Post by hidesmith » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:44 am

I am finding myself in a position where I have created the upper patterns, but need to create the patterns in every size. I passed on Karl Kropf's last turning lathe, last blanks and scaling machine package years ago (and have kicked myself ever since), but I think that, now, I would welcome an opportunity to purchase such a machine, should the opportunity present itself - unless there's another way that I'm unaware of. Any ideas?
Thanks.

paul
Full Name: Paul Krause
Been Liked: 3 times

#1354 Post by paul » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:48 pm

George Koleff's Shoe &Boot Desgning Manual has pattern grading methods in Part E.
I know of some who have used it.
I hope this helps.
Paul