Selma Juncoff's Auction Emporium (Ebay )

Looking for a particular tool? Got tools or goods you want to exchange? Maybe you want to set up a consortium for an order to Barnsley or Bakers...there's a booth at the Faire. One caveat applies...pricing and price negotiations must take place in private email.
uncle_bob

Re: Selma Juncoff's Auction Emporium (Ebay )

#26 Post by uncle_bob »

Please note, in my recent ebay listings there is a new selling format, which is Sell with fixed price "buy it now" but accept offers for consideration "submit offer" So if your interested in any of my listings that have this option, please let me know before or when you submit an offer that you are from here "The HCC", either a member, viewer or poster, and I assure you that I will give you a better price consideration "good guy and gal discount" in other words where I may only accept $100.00 as the lowest offer, if you tell me your from here, $80.00 will probably work! Feels right!
Regards,
Bob
Dear Admin, Thank You for this format to let folk know, and your kind words!
shoestring

#27 Post by shoestring »

And thank you Bob for the tip.
Ed
uncle_bob

#28 Post by uncle_bob »

Pattern Cutting Design, going up on ebay, Modern Pattern Cutting and Design, by H. J. Patrick
Thank You,
Bob
3536.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
john milne

#29 Post by john milne »

I have 2 frobana sewing machines one is on ebay 8179030316
uncle_bob

#30 Post by uncle_bob »

Just put a bunch of industry related websites up for auction on ebay, once agin if you blip me an email I can make special accomadations for you as a member, poster or even lurker of this site!
Happy 4th to all,
Regards,
Uncle Bob
ebay seller: shoerepairshop
Industry related websites for sale!
erickgeer

#31 Post by erickgeer »

I'm puting up some excess stock from purchasing some equipment back in March. I don't know how much interest you will have it, but there will be lots of "Spenco" gel insoles, heel cups and insole overlays. Also "Sof-Sol brand," a couple of "P.Q" items and some various shoe care items (a whole lot of jars of Meltonian".

Maybe more useful are some fairly random selections of Vibram soles.

E-mail me if you are interested in the specifics before I post them on E-bay:

riotgeer@ameritech.net

Thanks,
Erick
mnewberry
Full Name: Matt Newberry

#32 Post by mnewberry »

I have just listed a Tippmann pneumatic clicker on ebay. I used this machine for about 1 year in my shop, and it performed flawlessly. It would have been my preference to have a hydraulic clicker, but I worked in a shop with a wooden floor, so I was weight restricted. This machine has about a 2 square foot cutting surface, and includes a nicely constructed new table. It does require a 100 psi compressor to operate.

Please feel free to contact me by email or phone if you have questions or wonder how this machine might work for you. The auction ends September 3, about 8pm Pacific time. The machine is located in Reno, Nevada, but arrangements can be made for other locations, including delivery to some Oregon, Washington and Idaho locations.

You can see it at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&item=130021302710&rd=1&sspa gename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks for looking,

Matt Newberry
775-287-1144
matt@newberryinspections.com
mnewberry
Full Name: Matt Newberry

#33 Post by mnewberry »

Next...

Selling a Singer zig zag machine (107W). Find it at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&item=130021406851&rd=1&sspa gename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

I used it very little, initially getting it to sew the backseam of a laceup boot together, as with many work boots. It worked fine for the operation.

Ends September 3, about 8pm pacific.

Email me directly at matt@newberryinspections.com

Thanks,

Matt
dw
Seanchaidh
Full Name: DWFII
Has Liked: 204 times
Been Liked: 122 times

#34 Post by dw »

Current Ebay auctions of possible interest?

320103170982 American Straight needle machine...starting bid $100.00 ends Sunday

320103169428 Landis L curved needle machine Buy Now price $300.00 ends Sunday

250103648047 Star Welt knife looks good starting $0.99

250103651404 Heel Seat wheel

Tight Stitches
DWFII--Member HCC
tmattimore
Full Name: Tom Mattimore

#35 Post by tmattimore »

You have got to see this one
ebay number 180117451223
Tom
dw
Seanchaidh

#36 Post by dw »

There are two interesting tools on Ebay right now...one is a size stick, maybe somewhat older than the one I just bought and French (if that makes any difference.

item # 250151939675

And a pair of bulldog pincers...can't really tell the condition of the teeth, ending soon!

item # 230156798961

These are some of the rarer tools that appear on Ebay...

Tight Stitches
DWFII--Member HCC
erickgeer

#37 Post by erickgeer »

I've just started a few auctions on E-bay:

Landis 12K: #180239983225

1 pr. Snoot Boot last (10B modified): #180239966724

1 pr. ladies flat lasts (size 12): #180239970046

Erick
erickgeer

#38 Post by erickgeer »

Landis 12K is still available: auction #180242470234
dw
Seanchaidh

#39 Post by dw »

Some one was asking me about rhan knives at AGM...there's a nice looking Star welt knife (rhan knife) on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/old-leather-tool-SNELL-ATHERTON-cutter-gomph-osborne-/31 0355338245?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48429ea405

Good price, no bidding.

Tight Stitches
DWFII--HCC Member

[center]Little Jack Dandiprat in a white petticoat,
The longer he lives, the shorter he grows.[/center]
michael_nash

#40 Post by michael_nash »

Thanks for the heads-up DW, I've been on the lookout for one of these for awhile now...got it!
dw
Seanchaidh

#41 Post by dw »

Michael,

Wasn't it you that I was talking to in the shop? I looked hard at the one you just bought. It seems in great shape. The guard is there...not worn down to nothing by some over-zealous "tool restorer"...and, well, it's just in great condition, as far as I can tell.

I thought about buying it but I have two. And while it is a good price to you, if I had bought it I would have had to mark it up.

So...congratulations. Glad you got it...glad someone who will use it got it.

Tight Stitches
DWFII--HCC Member

michael_nash

#42 Post by michael_nash »

Yes that was me, thanks for the info about them. I agree it looks to be in great shape and a steal of a price!
It should come just in time for the next round of heels.

Since you seem to have the knack, can you keep your eyes peeled for an American channel knife for me? ;-)
dw
Seanchaidh

#43 Post by dw »

I will. I haven't seen one in a while, though. Seems like they're getting rare.

Tight Stitches
DWFII--HCC Member

bjohnsonleather
Full Name: Bruce Johnson

#44 Post by bjohnsonleather »

For my own nomenclature clarification, is an American channel knife the same thing I call a straight channeler (Osborne #31 and whatever the other makers numbered theirs)?
dw
Seanchaidh

#45 Post by dw »

Here's an American Channel knife:
14124.png

Tight Stitches
DWFII--HCC Member

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bjohnsonleather
Full Name: Bruce Johnson

#46 Post by bjohnsonleather »

DW,
I appreciate the confirmation. I was away from my copy of Salaman. Will add that term to descriptions in the future on ones I list to make them more searchable.
Thanks,
Bruce
lancepryor
Full Name: lance pryor
Been Liked: 3 times

#47 Post by lancepryor »

DW:

What do you use your Star welt knife to do? I have a couple, but I generally just use the regular welt knives for trimming the welt and the top of the heel.

Thanks,
Lance
dw
Seanchaidh

#48 Post by dw »

Lance,

I have three or four common welt knives, several Star Welt knives and at least one very good circular welt knife.

They all do, or can do, pretty much the same thing.

The circular welt knives were designed such that they had a "guard" and could be used close to the upper without worry. You can call them "safety welt knives."

Star Welt knives are essentially the same principle as circular welt knives but a little simpler both to adjust and to sharpen. They are easier to sharpen because the blade is flat and the cutting edge is larger. You can see that in the photos supplied for the Ebay auction.

And, more importantly, they simply work better for some things than either the common or circular welt knives.

They are called Star Welt knives because the original manufacturer moulded a 'star' shape into them. Again, You can see that in the photos.

Usage:

Bear in mind that many cowboy bootmakers do not use a heel rand or split lift. Because the welt ends just behind the ball, there is no need to extend the thickness of the welt further into the waist or towards and around the heel. As a result, the flesh side of outsole itself creates the heel seat/rhan.

Aside from doing all the things a common welt knife will do, the main usage of the Star Welt knife (for me) is to horizontally trim the rhan or heel seat close to the upper--to remove cement and to level that entire edge. A rhan file also helps when trimming is complete

Sometimes I use it perpendicularly, however to trim the heel seat closer to the upper, esp. in the waist.

Probably more than you needed or wanted to know but no other tool works so well.

And you can "filter," I'm sure...so "Smoke it, laddie, Smoke it."

Tight Stitches
DWFII--HCC Member

danfreeman
Full Name: Dan Freeman

#49 Post by danfreeman »

Am I the only one who thinks Star welt knives and circular welt knives are all left-handed? I have several, and use them, but am right-handed, and it seems as if they would work easier if oriented the other way: you could pull the knife toward you and see what you were doing. I'd like to try a "left-handed" one sometime, if one exists.
chuck_deats

#50 Post by chuck_deats »

Made a set of right and left handed welt knives, because I didn't know any better. Right hand is used most but amazing how often I reach for the left handed one.
Chuck