Looking for...

Looking for a particular tool? Got tools or goods you want to exchange? Maybe you want to set up a consortium for an order to Barnsley or Bakers...there's a booth at the Faire. One caveat applies...pricing and price negotiations must take place in private email.
sorrell
Full Name: Lisa Sorrell
Been Liked: 10 times

Re: Looking for...

#51 Post by sorrell »

Paul,
I have a Fortuna skiver I'd be willing to part with. I put a brand new blade and sharpening stone on it, but I simply don't use it. I'd be happy to send you pictures.

Lisa
Kevin Eisele

#52 Post by Kevin Eisele »

I am looking for a small supply of #10 hand shoe thread.
Kevin
P.Winthrop

#53 Post by P.Winthrop »

Looking for USM line finisher or American line finisher in good condition. Willing to pay fair price. Have Landis Jet Set finisher with new dust bag to trade also.
P.Winthrop

#54 Post by P.Winthrop »

Looking for USM line finisher or American line finisher in good condition. Willing to pay fair price. Have Landis Jet Set finisher with new dust bag to trade also.
jesselee
Full Name: Jesse Lee Cantrell

#55 Post by jesselee »

hi All. Looking for any Bradbury parts. Would like a complete Bradbury A1 stitcher and a McKay treadle machine. I make just about anything in this fine old Trade and can barter some too.
JesseLee
paul
Full Name: Paul Krause
Been Liked: 14 times

#56 Post by paul »

Jesse,

Wow. I'm not aware of either of those machines.
I'd be interested see pictures. Especially of the treadle Mckay.

PK
shoestring

#57 Post by shoestring »

Ok,I haved searched the web looking for a "Pedograph",where can I find one and who sell them.After reading thoes threads about "Last" I think it will serve me well if I plan to put build ups on a last and make a comfortable shoe.Right now it's touch and go for the green horne(me) .

Ed
lancepryor
Full Name: lance pryor
Been Liked: 3 times

#58 Post by lancepryor »

Ed:

I believe there is a description somewhere here on the Colloquy for directions to make a pedograph (I think a keyword search should turn up the instructions). Basically, you buy some aluminum window screen frame material, plastic corner connectors for the screen, and some of the rubber gasket material generally used to attach the screen to the frame [all of these are available at Home Depot, Lowes, or any big hardware store], cut the frame to make a 14" by 6" rectangle, attach some rubber sheeting, apply some ink on the bottom of the rubber sheeting with a roller, and take a foot imprint on a sheet of paper. Or, you can order the foot impression paper mentioned by Rob Elferink.

It's pretty straightforward to make a pedograph and probably costs $30 all in to make one and have the necessary ink, roller, and paper. I have some extra rubber sheeting and would send you some, but I won't have access to my materials for a few months. If you want some after the end of April, let me know.
rocketman

#59 Post by rocketman »

Ed: It's in Tools to Make but I think Robert called it a foot impression box. Hope you are a good woodworker! Lyle
relferink

#60 Post by relferink »

Ed,

If you don't want to make one as Lance described you can buy it ready made from a number of places, one is atlas intl. There are others but this one has a nice web site. I find them to be overpriced, over $ 100,- for a little plastic box. The one I modeled mine after as shown in the tools to make section used to be sold commercially in Europe about 30 years ago but I have not seen it offered since. Maybe some of our European readers may recognize it and let you know how to get it. I did check some high end suppliers like Minke but they don't even seen to have it.

Rob
sorrell

#61 Post by sorrell »

Until recently, Hardtke carried Italian Kangaroo in a color called "Rust." I loved this color but they've discontinued it. Does anyone have any leftover skins of this color that they'd be willing to sell to me?

Lisa Sorrell
dearbone
Full Name: Nasser Vies

#62 Post by dearbone »

Hello all, I am a shoe maker from Toronto,canada. I am looking for few leather cutting blades (knife) and also some shoe buttons. Nasser
dw
Seanchaidh
Full Name: DWFII
Has Liked: 204 times
Been Liked: 122 times

#63 Post by dw »

Nasser,

I'm not sure what you are looking for when you mention "leather cutting blades (knife)" but for you and anyone else who is interested, there is a clicker knife listed on Ebay #180167157419. A nuumber of different blades and a sharpening steel are included.

Tight Stitches
DWFII--Member HCC
dearbone

#64 Post by dearbone »

DWFII
Thank you for the message, I am looking for steel blades without handles,the blades I use now are Don Carlos,I left a picture of it on my profil area,username dearbone.I will look up the one you mentioned on ebay.It is nice to meet you,I saw some your work at the gallery,Do you sew by hand? It is very hard now to find good shoe makers supplies in Toronto,where I have my shop.Thanks again. United for the shoes &boots trade. Nasser
dw
Seanchaidh

#65 Post by dw »

If you are looking for skiving knives--about 3/4" wide and 8"or so long--McPhereson's in Seattle can order them out of Germany. Also Woodware Repititions...

Colin Barnsley
Woodware Repetitions Ltd.
47 Mowbray Street
Sheffield S3 8EN
England
T: 011+44+114+272-6060

carries most of the knives that Geo. Barnsley used to carry. A wide array, in other words. But you'll have to write him if you don't want the long distance call to Sheffield.

I inseam by hand with nylon bristles and waxed dacron thread although I was taught using linen and boars bristles. I don't outseam by hand...at least not regularly. I am beginning to get very interested in men's shoes and feel like I would rather outseam with bristles and linen thread all the time, for that particular type of work.

Tight Stitches
DWFII--Member HCC
artzend
Full Name: Tim Skyrme
Been Liked: 2 times

#66 Post by artzend »

Nasser,

Goetz used to carry the Don Carlos skiving knife. At least they did here in Australia, you could try them or one of their agents.
dearbone

#67 Post by dearbone »

Hi Tim, Thank you for your input, I think you are correct, I bought the Don Carlos blades from some agent of Goetz in Minnesota some years ago, but I no longer have thier address or number. I wlll look them up again. Are you a shoe maker yourself? Thanks again, Nasser
lancepryor
Full Name: lance pryor

#68 Post by lancepryor »

Nasser:

You can also get the Woodware Repetitions stuff from Edwin Hale in California. Edwin stocks a decent amount of the Woodware Rep/Barnsley stauff and orders pretty frequently from Colin. He is probably a better solution if you only want a small number of things. FWIW, Edwin (via Colin) also has awls from Barnsley, including square/stitching awls, inseaming awls, and sewing awls.

Give him a call at (805) 636-1442. Tell him I sent you.
artzend

#69 Post by artzend »

Nasser,

I used to be a shoemaker and taught too, but I am not making any more, I did write a book on bespoke shoemaking (http://www.shoemakingbook.com) and figure I can teach more people that way.

Tim
dearbone

#70 Post by dearbone »

Dear Tim, I hope you kept yourself some lasts and leather and some tacks too, A sharp knife will help too. Nasser, shoe maker from Canada.
dw
Seanchaidh

#71 Post by dw »

Lance,

You're right! I completely forgot about Edwin. I apologize to him (if he or one of his friends is reading this). He's done right by several folks on the forum.

Tight Stitches
DWFII--Member HCC
artzend

#72 Post by artzend »

Nasser

Yes I have a set of hand tools still but only use them once a year now.

Tim
proxy_posting
Full Name: proxy posting
Been Liked: 5 times

#73 Post by proxy_posting »

name: Sally Kelley

enquiry: Hello! I am in the US and just beginning my search for a shoe manufacturer to produce a prototype and my full line of shoes primarily
for women and children. It is a specialty shoe line, that is made to appear like a fashion shoe, but also to accommodate custom made orthotics. My design is very specific and unique, and I am curious as to weather or not this is the type of work your company does? If so, can you give me some general prices for prototype and manufacturing for quality leather shoes?
Thank you for your help and time!
Sincerely,
Sally Kelley
salkelley@gmail.com
sorrell

#74 Post by sorrell »

Steve Tayrien of Leather Machine Company has what's left of the Rice Nylon thread in size 33. He has various colors in 4 oz. spools.

866-962-9880
john_ralston
Full Name: John Ralston

#75 Post by john_ralston »

I am looking for a 20T Clicker in the Eastern Washington area.

If you know of one, I would appreciate some contact info.