Tools and equipment for sale

Looking for a particular tool? Got tools or goods you want to exchange? Maybe you want to set up a consortium for an order to Barnsley or Bakers...there's a booth at the Faire. One caveat applies...pricing and price negotiations must take place in private email.
dw
Seanchaidh
Full Name: DWFII
Has Liked: 204 times
Been Liked: 122 times

Re: Tools and equipment for sale

#126 Post by dw »

??!!

I have used the hot melt wax for hand wax...as is and by adding other ingredients to it...but I would never think to use the liquid wax for hand stitching. There's some sort of lubricant in it.

That said it does dry out and leave a crust of sorts on my straight needle.

Tight Stitches
DWFII--HCC Member

[center]Little Jack Dandiprat in a white petticoat,
The longer he lives, the shorter he grows.[/center]
paul
Full Name: Paul Krause
Been Liked: 14 times

#127 Post by paul »

I have to acknowledge it. You're probably right.
Thread lube is lubed.
I must have mis-heard. My bad. Thanks for 'riding herd'.
Paul
eric_e

#128 Post by eric_e »

Paul and DW

Forgive me, but I don't follow this. It's liquid wax that penetrates the thread. Solvents evaporate. What's the issue? That the lubricant will deteriorate the leather?
paul
Full Name: Paul Krause
Been Liked: 14 times

#129 Post by paul »

Eric,

No, the lubricant would keep a tight knot from forming. It would slip. Liquid Stitching Wax for curved needle stitchers need to bear the friction of the process, so it's lubed.

My confusion, please excuse me.
Jon had posted Liquid Stitching Wax, and I left off talking about using thread lube for hand stitching.

Paul
eric_e

#130 Post by eric_e »

Paul

OK, thanks.

Still, I think it's worth experimenting with the stuff. I used it for the one pair I made for myself and it seemed to be OK.
bjohnsonleather
Full Name: Bruce Johnson

#131 Post by bjohnsonleather »

I have added quite a few shoe and boot making hand tools to my website for sale today - http://brucejohnsonleather.com/content/index.php/leather_tools_for_sale/shoe-and -boot-making-tools-for-sale/ . They range from rare and unusual to common and mundane. There isn't much else in the way of these type of tools waiting in the wings other than some varieties of channelers I just haven't got to yet. Thank you, Bruce
bill_munro

#132 Post by bill_munro »

THE FOLLOWING SHOEMAKING MACHINERY IS FOR SALE

FIMAC Blake stitch machine Model 1268/250….This is a Lock stitch Sole sewing machine with universal slender horn for normal stitching and another horn for OPANKE stitching for boots and shoes, the machine has a heating table and automatic bobbin winder.
This machine was designed for small factories and craft persons, it is in new condition.

KIS finishing machine with vacuum bags and other necessary finishing equipment attached ….together with a BOSCH electric stapling machine and pressure pad ensuring sole is properly attached , also heating lights and heated pincers for easy removal of glued soles….

PFAFF 463 flatbed sewing machine, it has an additional pulley attached for slow sewing, for learners, it is in new condition.

FROBANA welt stitching machine for attaching soles to welts, this is a secondhand unit, I believe it is in good condition.

AUTO-SOLER this machine attaches soles to uppers by using wire , I have never used this it is secondhand and very old….

LEATHER SPLITTER, free standing and very heavy,.

Marshall Skiving Machine; secondhand …

Each machine is the responsibility of the purchaser to pay for cartage and delivery; we are able to arrange this.Interested persons will be sent further detail plus photos.

My email address is "billmunro@internode.on.net I am in Australia/South Australia town of Willunga

(Message edited by bill_munro on December 05, 2012)
bdadamovicz
Full Name: blake dustin adams

#133 Post by bdadamovicz »

High all, I just came back from a couple years in Germany and bought a fair amount of tools. I have some duplicates I'll not need and would be willing to part with, mostly edge irons. If anybody is looking for something let me know and maybe we could make a deal.
bjohnsonleather
Full Name: Bruce Johnson

#134 Post by bjohnsonleather »

I have added a few more boot and shoe making tools to my website today. I am pretty sure everyone who asked me about a straight channeler has them now, so the fresh ones are all fair game. I also added a couple pegging wheels and some pretty cool folding measuring sticks. Here is the link - http://brucejohnsonleather.com/content/index.php/leather_tools_for_sale/shoe-and -boot-making-tools-for-sale/ . Thank you, Bruce
tjburr
Full Name: Terry Burress
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 8 times

#135 Post by tjburr »

Hello everyone,

check out this cobbler bench on ebay.

Antique Primitive Cobbler Bench
bootbuilder
Full Name: richard stapleman

#136 Post by bootbuilder »

I have a junker & ruh for sell or trade. it comes with 5 needles (#7) and a manual. good working order, have sewn a few pair of souls. thought i needed to do some mobile repair work. can p.m. me or call (509)531-4703 i am in pendleton ore.
fclasse
Full Name: Francis Classe
Been Liked: 1 time

#137 Post by fclasse »

Hi all - I have two partial runs of lasts available in California. This post is for the first run. PM or email if you're interested!

Jones Vining lasts, style 25, with about a 1.5" heel. Sizes 5B, 6B, 6.5B, 7B, 7.5B, 8B, 8.5B, 9B, 10B.

Regards,
Francis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fclasse
Full Name: Francis Classe

#138 Post by fclasse »

Hi all - I have two partial runs of lasts available in California. This post is for the second run. PM or email if you're interested!

Partial run of Dr Scholl lasts, Style 91, with about a 1" heel.
Sizes 5B, 5.5B, 6B, 6AA, 6C, 6.5A, 6.5B, 7A x 5, 7.5A x 2, 8B, 8.5AA, 9AA, 9B, 9C, 9.5AA, 9.5A, 9.5C, 10AA, 10A, 10B x 2, 10C. I can split out the duplicates if you just want the straight run. Also some single lasts, all R: 5.5A x 2, 6A x 2, 6.5A, 7C, 8.5A, 8.5C.

Regards,
Francis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jon_g
Full Name: Jon Gray

#139 Post by jon_g »

A friend of mine has a set of boot lasts for sale. Sizes are from 4-13 in A-B-C-D-E widths. They are for sale as a set. Most are unused, a few lightly used and a couple have been significantly adjusted, the adjusted ones are free. PM me with serious inquiries.

Jon
farmerfalconer
Full Name: Cody Howdy

#140 Post by farmerfalconer »

I am looking for scraps of kangaroo leather. I would be interested in buying them by the pound.
I need them for falconry anklets and jesses etc. I dont need an entire skin so I thought someone here might have something. They would have to at lest be 2"x4" peices or larger.

Pls email me at farmerfalconer@aol.com if you might have something of interest!

Thanks,
Cody
farmerfalconer

#141 Post by farmerfalconer »

Admin,
If putting a question like this is out of place on this forum, please let me know and Ill take it down.

Thanks.
courtney
Full Name: courtney schamach

#142 Post by courtney »

Cody,
Springfield leather sells exactly that.
farmerfalconer

#143 Post by farmerfalconer »

Do you mean that they sell anklets premade or scraps by the pound?
Do you have a website?

Thanks!
dennis.lanigan
Full Name: Dennis Lanigan

#144 Post by dennis.lanigan »

I have a good working condition Singer 29K51 for sale. Located in Hastings, MN. Delivery to St. Paul, MN possible.

Has extra bobbins, needles, small motor...etc. Missing the threader.

see pictures on CL here http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/b ... 70378.html

e-mail dennis . lanigan at gmail.com
RedGoat
Full Name: Jeffrey Lawrence White

Landis Finisher (6ft) for sale

#145 Post by RedGoat »

For Sale in Smyrna, GA:
6ft Landis finisher. Great for parts, this finisher is very simplified. It has a good motor, new wiring, but is missing most of the wheels, and has no numkeg. It has been good for a small work area but we are moving and it cannot come with us!
Craigslist ad with pictures: http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/art/4563628986.html
or email me at: RedGoatLeather@gmail.com

I am happy to negotiate pricing, but I did not want casual buyers or scrappers inquiring on Craigslist.
Adam
Full Name: Adam Jimenez

#146 Post by Adam »

I have lasts for sale. Jones and Vining style "E" 3.5-15 in various widths. 82 pair total. will email pics. call 507-474-1984 or PM if interested. Thanks.
MLW
Full Name: Trajan Vieira

#147 Post by MLW »

I have a Singer 110W124 & a Singer 110W125 for sale.Contact for more information.
They can be seen at

Trajan
tim_koehn
Full Name: Timothy Koehn

#148 Post by tim_koehn »

Landis Shoe Finisher at a deal.

Contact me at tkoehn44@yahoo.com for deal and pictures.

Tim Koehn
Vancleave, MS
sharon_raymond
Full Name: Sharon Raymond

#149 Post by sharon_raymond »

greetings, might anyone who is coming to new england for the HCC convention at Rhode Island School of Design be interested in purchasing a Bonis Brothers fur stitching machine or a Manufacturers Supplies Co. skiver? Email me for more details. Sharon
Adam
Full Name: Adam Jimenez

#150 Post by Adam »

I have 8 cord, 24 ends flax tapered thread. 80 inches in length, black in color, waxed. (3) packages. 5 gross each. Contact if interested. 507-474-1984. thanks.

(FTFY--Admin)